See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I was very impressed with the service. Kathy and Fred are the best when it comes to accommodating your personal eating needs. They even offer Gluten-Free meals for those that prefer it. The location is ideal as well. It is nestled in Jay, NY about 25 minutes from Whiteface Mountain and Lake Placid. I prefer going to the action instead of being in the heart of it. It is so relaxing with the porch swings and each room is themed after an author so books are available to read based on that author. They also offer free Wifi with your stay so you are still connected if you can't get cell service. This will always be my place of choice whenever I visit the Adirondacks. You should give Kathy and Fred a try as well. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: For a private bath try the Jack London. For a little more floor space with a quaint feel to it then the Jane Austen is for you.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2014

For me visiting from England, this was just what I wanted. I felt that I was experiencing the life of Jay, by staying in the ' Book and Blanket' as Fred and Kathy are so involved in their community. The Inn itself was comfortable and had a great atmosphere.
The breakfasts were wonderful with fresh fruit and Kathy cooked different types of buns every morning. And as a couple I found them very interesting, informative and really warm.
I don't know if I will visit the area again but if I do I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I would like to say that I truly enjoyed staying here. Fred and Kathy were the most hospitable people that I have met since I have been up here in New York by way of Virginia. I was calling around trying to find a nice bed and breakfast for the weekend and no one else answered there phone or called me back. I was immediately taken by the warmth of Kathy's voice in accepting my last minute reservation. The breakfast was great and they take requests. They accommodated my stay with the utmost pride in what they do. I can honestly say that I will never stay anywhere else but here when I come up to the area to visit. Thank you Fred and Kathy.

Room Tip: Either room is fine. I stayed in the Jane Austen room though
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Imagine a 5-minute walk to one of New York's covered bridges, first built in 1857, extending over rapids on the Ausable river. Rooms that are like a museum. A quiet little town populated with more than its share of artists. We stayed in the Jane Austin room. The bathroom was shared but being the only guests we had the whole second floor, and elegant bathroom, to ourselves. Just be careful of the shades, the kind you pull down and jerk to roll back up. Ours didn't roll back up on their own. A very minor inconvenience. However, if you sleep with the window open you will hear the rushing water at night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John P
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Inn and Room were Quaint and Cozy~Kathy and Fred were More than Accomodating. Breakfast was Wonderful!! Can't wait to visit again the next time we're in Jay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple