See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2014

For me visiting from England, this was just what I wanted. I felt that I was experiencing the life of Jay, by staying in the ' Book and Blanket' as Fred and Kathy are so involved in their community. The Inn itself was comfortable and had a great atmosphere.
The breakfasts were wonderful with fresh fruit and Kathy cooked different types of buns every morning. And as a couple I found them very interesting, informative and really warm.
I don't know if I will visit the area again but if I do I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I would like to say that I truly enjoyed staying here. Fred and Kathy were the most hospitable people that I have met since I have been up here in New York by way of Virginia. I was calling around trying to find a nice bed and breakfast for the weekend and no one else answered there phone or called me back. I was immediately taken by the warmth of Kathy's voice in accepting my last minute reservation. The breakfast was great and they take requests. They accommodated my stay with the utmost pride in what they do. I can honestly say that I will never stay anywhere else but here when I come up to the area to visit. Thank you Fred and Kathy.

Room Tip: Either room is fine. I stayed in the Jane Austen room though
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Imagine a 5-minute walk to one of New York's covered bridges, first built in 1857, extending over rapids on the Ausable river. Rooms that are like a museum. A quiet little town populated with more than its share of artists. We stayed in the Jane Austin room. The bathroom was shared but being the only guests we had the whole second floor, and elegant bathroom, to ourselves. Just be careful of the shades, the kind you pull down and jerk to roll back up. Ours didn't roll back up on their own. A very minor inconvenience. However, if you sleep with the window open you will hear the rushing water at night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John P
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Inn and Room were Quaint and Cozy~Kathy and Fred were More than Accomodating. Breakfast was Wonderful!! Can't wait to visit again the next time we're in Jay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer t
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Staying at the Book and Blanket B&B was a wonderful experience. My husband and I went to the High Peaks region for a weekend of relaxation, hiking, biking, etc. The Book and Blanket was a perfect base spot - it was right near High Peaks trails and activities, yet was outside of Lake Placid (which is a little too busy for our tastes). In addition, the room (Jack London) was very comfortable, had plenty of space, and had all kinds of Jack London books - it was great. Finally, the owners were wonderful - they made a great breakfast (vegetarian for us), were fun to talk to, and gave us great suggestions for trails to hike (Hurricane Mt.), they really made us feel comfortable and welcome. I strongly recommend the Book & Blanket - it is really a steal in terms of what you get for the money paid.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple