“Sweet Cozy Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jay
Book & Blanket Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Jay B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is a really cute B&B and I love the literary theme. My sister and I stayed in the Jane Austen Room. There were no other customers during our stay so we had the run of the top floor. The room was adorable, including all things Jane Austen, even a Pride and Prejudice board game! The room was clean and comfortable, especially after hiking all day!

The bathroom down the hall was also spic and span with nice smelling soaps and fresh towels. Breakfast was tasty; cereal, banana bread, muffins, fresh fruit, maple syrup, pancakes. (Some eggs would have been nice.) The owners were very friendly.

If I had to complain about anything it's only that the B&B was next to the road, so you could hear traffic if you happened to wake up at 3 am, like I did. I live on a very quiet street right now so it was a bit loud for me. My sister, on the other hand, slept like a log all night and didn't hear a thing.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank hubbabubba_11223
There are newer reviews for Book & Blanket Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 29, 2007

we have been coming back to Book and Blanket for past 2 years now...and i dont think we're the only "regulars" they have. its easy to see why.
Fred and Cathy make you feel like a part of the family. each guest is welcomed with open arms, every comfort and need is catered for. You never feel like you are a bother like some B&B properietors make it seem.
We stay in the Jack London room , which has a private bathroom and a whirlpool bath, and at the price they charge its a bargain. You get all the toiletries you need, as well as scented bubble bath pouches. The rooms are super tidy and so so cozy.
The breakfast is BY FAR..the absolute BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!!
This is what i look forward to every year. Cathy's freshly made pancakes, omelets, banana breads and muffins are better than any loving grandma can make!!! hands down the BEST !!!!
While cathy is in the kitchen Fred is the most attentive hosts. making sure you have everything and anythign you may desire.
They are very nice about accomodating late arrivals, make GREAT recommendations and definitely give you privacy .
The other key feature at the B&B is Zooey the basset hound, playing with whom, next to the skiing ( about 10 min drive to Whiteface ) , is my favorite part of Lake Placid

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank liyak
Reviewed December 1, 2005

This is absolutely what a casual B&B should be! It's just a short skip from the Town of Jay village green. Cathy and Fred's casual "little" place is a gem. Although we visited as a couple, we thought this would be a great place for a big family or pair of families ... huge living room with games and videos and a little guest fridge, a HUGE hang out covered porch with swings, and GORGEOUS (but still livable) guest rooms. (That is, we felt like we were in a beautiful room, but weren't afraid we'd break anything.) And terrific breakfasts. I mean really good homemade breakfasts. The hosts couldn't have been more friendly, and I really felt like I was experiencing part of the town, without that feeling of a B&B being too familiar.

• Stayed: July 2003
6  Thank AdkNorth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid
Willkommen Hof Bed and Breakfast

Been to Book & Blanket Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!