“.......... Not for 100 bucks, and never again at this place”

Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Okay Kids, The good, near the highway and plenty of parking, The Bad, toooooooooo expensive for what you get, this is Jamestown, an upscale village at best. last, the ugly, room was a smoker, hallway smelled like smoke, BUT it says it is a 100% non smoker. nice spreads on the beds, but room was in dire need of a can (or two, maybe three ) of endust.
I gave this place a two even though it deserved a 1 or a 1/2 . I've stayed in better ( in bigger cities ) for less, WAY less.

Room Tip: many better "choices" for a few bucks more
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize that your expectations were not exceeded. Our hotel is ranked in the top 10% of Comfort Inns. Our rates are set by the demand of the area. I will relay your comments to the rest of the staff. Once again, I apologize that your expectations were not met and hopefully you will consider us again in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice improvements since we last stayed here. The rooms have updated and those ugly comforters are gone! Very comfortable chair with ottoman as well as the desk chair. Large marble countertop in the bathroom is a nice bonus and the desk person was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was average with the normal egg and sausage combo but we found the attendant to be sweet and conscientious about her work, Bob Evans is just across the parking lot which was wonderful after 8 hours of driving. We slept well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hi Carol. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! Yes the improvements are great and are only getting better. I am happy to hear that you noticed and you liked them. Hopefully the next time you stay with us there will be even more improvements! I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the front desk staff as well as the breakfast attendant. We hope to see you again soon and please let us know if there is anything we can do for your future stay. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here one night only, we were heading to Jamestown to visit the Lucy/Desi museum. The room was clean and comfy. The breakfast was delicious, the staff friendly and helpful. Our only issue was hearing the "plumbing" noises coming from the room beside us, we heard the water running, etc. Other than that it was a pleasant stay, and we'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn V
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Marilyn, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the Lucy Museum. I am sorry about the "plumping" noises you heard. I will mention that to our maintenance department. We hope to see you again in the future as there are plenty of Lucy events throughout the year. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Pretty standard stuff for a Comfort Inn. The place is clean and the beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly, parking and access are all fine, and the refrig, microwave, and flat screen LCD TV all worked. The breakfast is nothing special but okay if all you want is yogurt and fruit or cereal or a hotel waffle. The "pre-made" egg patties and frozen sausage is less than appetizing (yuck!) but same as I have found at a lot of other places. Bob Evans is right there if you want something more substantial or better quality. I wish they had larger towels and used some fabric softener so they don't feel like sand paper (but same as a lot of other places). This is probably the best compromise in hotels in the Jamestown area. I am from Jamestown and am always faced with the same situation when I visit for family events. My complaint is that due to the lack of hotel properties in Jamestown, there is little to no competition, and what is a standard 3 star chain hotel room is $40 more expensive a night than what it is anywhere else in the country ($127 vice $87). Your only other "cheaper" options are not even worth your time to check out - they are dumps. The Comfort Inn is very good for the Jamestown offerings but just average compared to the rest of the hotels I see on my travels. And the Hampton across the street is $60 a night over priced. It is all due to supply and demand. There was a bus there all 3 nights we were and we saw many Buffalo Bills fans in the parking lot getting ready to go to the game even though the stadium is about 45 min - 1 hr away. The word is there will be a HIE built shortly in the same area but I'm sure the supply will still not meet the demand. If you want something decent - you pay their asking price - or you stay 1 hr + away along I-90 somewhere, not an option in our case.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests. We hope you return in the future and we look forward to accommodating you again. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We used this hotel for ourselves and guests who where in town for my son's wedding. The rooms were clean and the girls at the front desk were very helpful, they even kept track of which guests would be riding the bus to the reception along with handing out welcome bags. The best part was that they had a little bar area that we all gathered at after the reception and in the morning for breakfast. I couldn't be happier with this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We loved having your friends and family here during your son and daughter in law's special weekend. We were more than happy to help making your stay with us as accommodating as possible. We hope to see you again in the future and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days while working for a client in Jamestown. Check in was very easy and efficient.

The hotel has 2 floors, there is an elevator and a stairway. The elevator was slow for someone impatient like me, so I had used the stairs.

My room had 2 double beds, a flat screen TV, and a small refrigerator/freezer with microwave. There is a small in-room safe that the hotel will charge you a minimal fee to use. I had kept some extra electronics locked up when I was at my clients, so I had no problem paying this fee.

The room was clean, but had a little bit of a musty smell, which I really didn't notice after a few minutes of being in the room.

The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows, and the hotel was quiet, which made for a decent nights sleep.

The bathroom was decent sized, the shower had good water pressure. There was a bow dryer and the iron and ironing board in the room worked well.

Free wireless internet was strong and solid. Was able to accomplish much work from my hotel room in the evenings.

The fitness room is comparable to other in the area, with a universal machine, treadmill and bike, which I made good use of.

Breakfast was common for hotels in the area. Danishes, cereal, breads, bananas and apples, Belgian waffles, egg discs and hard boiled, sausage and juice and coffee. I partook lightly every morning and was satisfied

I think this hotel is the only one with a functional bar in Jamestown. The bar is small, with a small selection of bottled beers and wine, and a decent selection for mixed drinks. The bar is a little small, but for the hotel's size, pretty adequate.

There is plenty of parking, and a Bob Evans restaurant right across the lot. I did not partake as I am not a fan of the restaurant, but there are plenty of food options within a 5-10 minute drive.

I will definitely stay again the next time I visit or work in Jamestown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BergholzTimelord
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and all it has to offer. It is always nice to hear that our guests take advantage of all of the hotel amenities. We hope we see you again in the future. Thank you again for your review and have a great day!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located next to the highway yet not far from town. Bed was comfortable, WIFI was good, as everything else. Free hot breakfast was provided and a Bob Evans Restaurant was next door for Lunch or Dinner. We were satisfied with the service and friendliness of the employees. Here is their website:

Don't forget to visit the Lucy-Desi Museum while in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you while visiting Jamestown. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a great day! Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer? Share your experiences!