“Outstanding service and drinks!”
Review of Forte

Forte
Reserve with OpenTable
Forte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have had meals that are just as good, but what sets Forte apart is their service by bartenders and servers and the drinks made (suggest a Cosmo)!!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a terrible place. (if you are not a local)
It is supposed to be japanese cuisine but they were out of edamame (which they priced at $8.. the small paler).
I looked to my bar neighbor plate and I could not believe his raw tuna (sashimi) was almost black. Food poisoning hello?
I was surprised to seat at the bar in the company of a Mom sipping vodka with her two 14-years old teenagers. Maybe a Jamestown exception...
i ordered a Caesar salad and a risotto. The salad was literally dripping in acid vinegar.
Then I waited, and waited again. The risotto was no-show. I politely inquired three times to be told "it is coming". During that time a few "locals" came, get drunk and were promptly served the night special, a steak dinner that even McDoldnad would not dare to give away. (remember it is a sushi place which special last night was a steak with french fries)
I still don't know if the cook was desperately trying to defrost the seafood garnish for my risotto or if the statff was trying to send me a message I was not welcome. In fact, it was most likely pure incompetence and amateurism.
I am glad I escaped unharmed. I ended up walking away 70 minutes after ordering. I still don't know why I left 15 bucks on the counter for a Gallo glass of chardonnay and three leaves of salad.

Oh unfortunate Jamestown visitor, please, please avoid this dump.

2  Thank jack p
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have always had a great meal at this restaurant. The service is also very good and the meals are reasonably priced. There are lots of menu options and each entrée is artfully presented. The place is small so it is best to make a reservation. If you need to wait for a table, the bar is nice. Put this on your list of places to go!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a great menu, fabulous service, and perfect atmosphere. We've already recommended Forte's to friends! We started out with sushi appetizers, the best of which was ahi tuna slices on crispy wonton with tasty sauce drizzles. All our meals were well prepared and yummy: a green curry fish special, seared shrimp & scallop dinner, pork shank prepared like an osso bucco, and warm spinach salad with chicken potpie, lightly curried. Can't wait to go back again. Bathrooms are accessible; parking no problem on a Sat. night.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Forte is a wonderful place for dinner. It has a menu that will satisfy all types of diners, from borsari rubbed steak to a curry pot pie. Wednesday now offers a mix it up menu choice, a tasting menu from a different part of the world is offered. I was fortunate enough to have the Indian 3 course tasting menu a few weeks ago on mix it up night. All 3 courses were items I would never have ordered on my own, all 3 were very good, and now items I would order. The bar area is always a fun spot with bartenders willing to mix up an interesting tasty cocktail to your specifications. I highly recommend Forte for anyone looking for a great meal and a fun experience.