“The Extra Mile... Literally”

Landmark Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I arrived to Jamestown and needed dinner to go and I stopped in at Landmark. They welcomed me to dine in their beautiful restaurant, but I declined and took my delicious dinner to my B&B. I checked in and walked back out to my car and there was a gentleman from the Landmark to deliver the dessert I'd ordered and forgotten to take. It just so happens that I had mentioned to the gentleman at Landmark that I was staying at the Oaks. Thanks for the hospitality, for listening and for delivering my dessert when it wasn't necessary!

1  Thank Amanda M

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Two of us dined at Landmark on a Monday night. It is a large dining room, white table cloths, visible wine racks and an impressive menu, but the overall feel is that of "your father's Oldsmobile." Our waitress was very friendly and informed, able to advise on menu choices. I had the scallops and shrimp over wild rice. My colleague had the seafood pasta. Both were excellent, as was the coconut cheesecake we split.

All that said, we wished the ambience was a little less dated, a little more fun. Weather was dicey so their courtyard dining was closed. It seemed a little cheerier. But for a business dinner in a place quiet enough to talk, it was just what we needed.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was at the Landmark for a Christmas Party. The servers were very attentive to our group of 14. Everyone enjoyed their meals from appetizers to desserts. My black and blue strip steak was cooked perfectly. The chef paid our table a visit, that's always a nice touch. Many of our group have been back there, some many times. The outside dining is a big draw. I am looking forward to returning soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've lived in the Jamestown area for almost fifteen years and quite often find myself joining the chorus of " not much to choose from" when the subject of "eating out" arises. I have lived near, and eaten in, many fine restaurants in Buffalo, Montreal, and Boston. A few weeks ago we stopped in for dinner and had a meal of a lifetime. It was not our first visit there since Tom & Patty had gorgeously renovated and re-opened the former Ironstone. But previous visits were for light fare in the bar's more relaxed dining area. (BTW the Blueburger is to die for ! ) When we were last there Chef Patrick was at the helm and i opted for the special which was a smoked pineapple hawaiian marinated sirloin along with a grilled pear covered in gorgonzola and agavee nectar with a side of andouille/cheddar mashed potatoes. I have NEVER had a meal where EVERY element on the plate produced uncontrollable "yums" & "OMGs". Worth every penny and more. It was role reversal time as my wife kept stealing fork fulls from MY plate.
Service is always excellent here...whether at the table or the bar. The owners are omni-present and even the chef, if time allows, will stop at the table to see if things have met your expectations. Stop in. You won't be disappointed. I wasn't ... I've never had a better meal. J.M.

2  Thank James M
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My Husband and I recently stayed in Jamestown to celebrate a Friend's Birthday nearby. We asked the Staff at the front desk of the Hampton if they had any suggestions for a nice place for dinner.... They all said Landmark Restaurant at the same time, so off we went. We had an excellent meal, drinks and great service, and were very happy that we followed their advice. The Restaurant is very cozy and comfortable with a very relaxing atmosphere which was very nice as well...Any attire was welcome.

1  Thank 1FlaGirl