“Great appetizers!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love the appetizers! Have tried almost all of them and have not found one that I did not like. My favorite are the bacon wrapped dates. Normally I would not have even tried them but my friend ordered them and had me try one and know I order them every time I stop. They have opened an outdoor area which I have sat outside several times and love it. It is like being out of town. They also have some great staff, Leslie who is there to seat you & Jimmy & Nicky waiting on you! I highly recommend stopping!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We recently celebrated my birthday at the Landmark. The renovations they've done to the old restaurant are really lovely. Our service was fantastic. My husband had the ribeye (at $23) which was seasoned well and cooked perfectly. He had a choice of side dish, and had the garlic mashed potatoes which he loved. I asked our server what she'd suggest, and she recommended the halibut (at $25). It was served on a bed of cooked spinach with a scallion and strawberry topping. It was very good. I didn't have any option for side dishes. We were served rolls and a salad family style with Italian dressing (no options for dressing). At the end of the meal, we asked to see the dessert menu but our server told us that she was bringing us a dessert since it was my birthday - a very nice touch. It was an ice cream, chocolate, caramel turtle concoction that looked delicious but I don't eat nuts. My husband loved it! So, there were a couple of little things that bugged me - the fact that I couldn't choose my salad dressing or my side dishes, that I never had a dessert option, etc., but overall a very good restaurant. The bar side is very nice also.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We just returned from an outstanding dinner where we celebrated our anniversary at The Landmark in Jamestown, NY. This is our third visit, and we really enjoyed our meals all three times. When we first arrived, only four tables were occupied. One table of ladies must have been enjoying their wine because they were rather loud. As the restaurant filled up though we didn't hear them anymore.

Our waitress greeted us promptly and was friendly and helpful. She answered all our questions about the menu and helped us decide what we wanted. I went with a filet mignon which was grilled and "dressed with a compound butter" for $32. It was served with grilled green beans and a side salad. My husband ordered the Land and Sea which is a lobster tail and ribeye steak ($34.95). His tail was probably 6 or 8 oz. and the ribeye was also a good size. We started with a basket of rolls. The salad is served family style, already mixed with Italian dressing. It was very good and enough for each of us to have a second plateful.

We didn't order appetizers, opting instead to save room for dessert. All their desserts are made in house and are delicious. We've had the carrot cake before and it is excellent. Appetizers (or "Starters" as listed on the menu) include portabella fingers, mussels, calamari, baked brie, bruschetta, coconut shrimp, and soups.

The menu lists Dinner Salads, From the Carver, Grill (steaks and pork chops), Fresh Seafood (salmon, halibut, sea bass, grouper, etc.), or Pasta. There is a wide selection within each category. There is something for everyone.

We were very happy with our meal. The service was very good and the restaurant itself is decorated tastefully; a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. The owner came around to each table to make sure we were happy with everything. We will definitely be back many times.

1  Thank nyretiree
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

After a day of work setting up a new office in Jamestown we went to Landmark for dinner. Because we were not "dressed" for the dining room we were seated in the bar. The good thing was that the menu was the same. I had the French onion soup and the ribeye. All of the food was delicious and the service very friendly and fast. The food was not over priced. The bathroom was a bit too fragrant for me due to a lavender candle burning. However my colleague liked the scent. Give the landmark a try.

2  Thank Diane S
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Loved the burgers. B.E.L.T and black & bleu burgers were phenomenal. Bacon wrapped dates were amazing too. Great service, lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank Emma M