“Great new restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great new restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

New restaurant that opened in December. Décor, service and ambiance of an up-scale restaurant. Menu includes seafood, steaks, pasta, some comfort foods. My wife's scallops and shrimp were delicious as was my salmon. I especially enjoyed the accompanying crab meat risotto. The prices for both wine and dinner were very moderate, our main courses were each under $20. Some items, like pot roast and prime rib, were only $10. Great value for a wonderful dinner.

Jamestown, New York
“Great”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday night and they were quite busy. When we walked in the man standing at the host stand didn't acknowledge us, but he was taking to another customer which is understandable.

The decor is beautiful and cozy. The dining room was full so we chose to sit in the bar area. It has a fireplace and is beautifully decorated and welcoming.

They offer a couple Southern Tier beers on tap which is nice. Since we sat in the bar area, we got to choose off of two menus. The bar menu has more finger foods and I will be back to try one of their burgers!

I ordered the sea bass on top of a white truffle risotto. It was very good. The bottom of the fish was a little burnt, but I just cut the bottom layer off. It was excusable. My boyfriend got the seafood Alfredo. It was excellent. The scallops were cooked perfectly.

I highly suggest this place!

“Needs to be listed as a 5 star restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The food there was amazing. Very friendly staff. Very nice casual dinning. I can't say enough about the food the filet minion was so tender and full of flavor that I had my wife has rib eye that was great and lobster tail that all was cooked to perfection . Make sure you call for reservation it is a very busy place due to the great food staff and atmosphere

WNY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The management and staff are seasoned professionals who work well together. The menu has something for every taste and every budget. They have well-loved standards as well as something new regularly. The atmosphere is elegant but not pretentious. The management expresses interest in the diners' satisfaction and deal promptly with even the smallest request, however they do not hover or intrude on the dining experience.

I have been there with a group of twenty. The staff GRATIOUSLY gave us separate checks and got the checks to the right people even though we moved around the table to talk with different people. They served all of us simultaneously and provided service as though we were the only people in the room when the dining room was actually at capacity.

Another visit was for dinner for two for an occasion. Again, everything was just right. We had questions about how some items were prepared and the chef came out to answer us. There is also no feeling that you will only be served by your assigned server. Various staff members refilled water, cleared plates, offered bar service, etc. I noticed that many servers worked together to serve larger groups all at once.

Of course service does not take a back seat to food. The quality is excellent and professionally prepared. There are complex menu items and simple foods like broiled haddock or even pot roast and everything in between.

My friends who had cocktails said they were great. The bartender is locally famous and a lot of fun!

I bought a gift certificate and was pleased to see that it could be used at either of their restaurants.

New York
“A landmark reborn!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Been to the Landmark twice in as many weeks. This is the former Ironstone, so many of us have grown-up around. Redecorated and now back to its greatness. I've now had a chance to meet both co-owners. They are both long-time restauranteurs. One nice thing; they still have a passion for providing a beautiful dining experience, properly trained and personable staff, plus excellent food. You wont be sorry with spending your entertainment dollars here. On two separate evenings I've been able to talk with each co-owner. Finally!, business owners who "get it". We will make the 40 minute drive to support them.
Prices are very reasonable. Sadly, I dove into my meal before taking a picture to show presentation. I had a surf & turf dinner for $32.95! Yep, $32.95 everyday menu price. It included salad, side, and bread. The steak was a ribeye. Somewhere between 12-14 oz. Plus a great tasting properly cooked 5-7 oz lobster tail. I can't say enough about the attention to detail by our server(Mary Ann). Stop in the bar for a drink before or after. Both times the bartender(Rich) was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The atmosphere and decorating are very nice without being gaudy or over elegant. Just a real comfortable dining experience with great pricing. Two menus available. Bar and main dining room. Great variety. Can't wait to go back. They do need to get their webpage up and running though. I did point this out to one owner. She accepted the suggestion/criticism with great understanding.

2 Thank firemedic16