“A House is not a Home...”
Review of House of Petillo

House of Petillo
Ranked #65 of 125 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 17, 2014

First the bad news. This place needs a serious update, it has passed the "homey," and "relaxed" cycles of life. The floor gives as the servers pass you by, half the lights were burned out and the fireplace may as well not even have been lit. Our young server did not want to be there and did not want to engage in conversation whatsoever. We had to ask for menus and was informed "most people who come here want to chill out before ordering." Now for the good news. Our food was excellent. I ordered their Veal Triste and was not disappointed by the gigantic shrimp adorning the delicious entree. Take it or leave it this House doesn't seem like Home to me

4  Thank kearsarger

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The House of Petillo is not on a main highway and we wouldn't have known about it except if our friends hadn't suggested it. It is a cute and funky little place. The prices are reasonable, there is a broad selection and the food was great. There were 4 of us, each had a different entree and each of us enjoyed what we ordered. Our server was friendly and helpful. We would defintely return.

2  Thank Oldlywedz
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I and six friends had dinner at the House and were somewhat bewildered by the mixed memorabilia(?) and quirky layout of the restaurant, but as they say: you don't eat atmosphere. That said: in polling the others in our group, one conclusion could only be reached: the food was good and we would go back. My wife's Chicken Picattta was done just right, tender and flavorful; my Scoglio, a made up name as I was told by our very personable and attentive staff person, Gillian, was tasty with its jumbo, and I mean JUMBO shrimp and scallops in a creamy white sauce loaded with clams. One friend had the Pasta Fra Diavolo; he liked it, very much; another three had shrimp,and pronounced it very good. someone had the haddock: very good. All in all a good meal. The restaurant has been around since 1949. I hope it is good for another 64 years.

4  Thank RONMIEL
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We choose Petillo's for special occasion dining. Our family gets together for a night out during the holidays, before things get crazy, just to spend time together. This is the perfect place for us; the food is great, the bar is intimate and cozy, and you are not rushed. We love that...we want to spend time together and enjoy the holiday spirit before all the distractions that the holidays can bring...and this is the place for us. It's special.

2  Thank LPBILLSFAN
Reviewed March 23, 2013

the place is very attractive. the service was very friendly and professional. don't get linguine and claim sauce. this is one of my favorite choices. the sause was horrible with very little clams

1  Thank perk722