“Decent place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Daleville, Virginia
“Decent place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a family reunion. Walking in it appears to be very dated...we checked in and went to the room with our children. We took the stairs and noticed bugs in the hallway...I mean I know bugs happen but it was still there 3 days later. Our room was on the second floor and when we opened the door the heat smacks you in the face. Hallways are VERY hot.

Our room was fine for us, we have certainly stayed at nicer places but have also stayed in much worse. Rooms were clean only thing I think that was negative was the old school tv, but it was a TV and it worked.

There is a hockey team that calls that hotel home, they would make comments in their native language to my daughter and I. Kinda awkward!

Breakfast is decent, I'm not a huge breakfast person so it was enough to satisfy me.

Pool area was nice and was open until 11 p.m. We were there a little past 11 and nothing was said. It is very hot in there, but they do provide ice water in the lobby which is right across from the pool.

Only negatives I could say would be: hot hallways, outdated, old-school tvs, and they leave the door wide open to the laudry room...I mean seriously? We all know you guys wash stuff but just shut the door! :)

Staff was very nice, lady working the front desk when we were leaving was the nicest of anyone one we encountered.

We would stay here again...I saw the rate we paid for the room which was over $100, not worth that, in my opinion, but we would definately recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jayandwhitney
Robin M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I am really sorry about the stairways. I do my best to get my staff to clean them. Short of doing it myself, I am not sure how to get it done daily. I am also glad nobody said anything to you about swimming past 11. We try not to.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Not the best experience. The room was clean but dated. When we walked in, the very first thing we saw was the laundry room in full operation, closing the door may have been a nice touch. The lobby and front desk area was unattractive. Staff were satisfactory but not particulary friendly. We checked in and left fro the evening, upon returning there were no parking spaces available in the small lot. I inquired and was told to park in the overflow up and above the regular parking lot. I had to back out, circle the block, and pull in. Then there was not a walkway or steps to return to the main entrance from the overflow parking area! My daughter and I had to jump over a concrete barrier to get back to the main door (the only other option was too completely encircle the hotel along the street, in what appeared to be an unsafe area-not a good choice). I do not understand the 3 star rating--not even close. I am being generous with 2 stars because it was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyandDoc
Robin M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
I am sorry for your issues. We as a staff, do try our very best to keep the hotel running smooth and clean.

I am sorry you had to park in our overflow lot. The area in which we are in, is very safe. I am sorry you felt otherwise.

Robin GM
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here last weekend at the start of our short road-trip vacation.

The hotel has seen better days and could really do with some renovation. The rooms were comfortable and clean, but dated.

The staff were helpful and nice and kind of made up for the hotel's age and condition.

The A/C unit in the room was noisy and the (free) internet was painfully slow, almost unusable. Why give it free and have a poor speed/service? I'd rather pay and be able to use it. We were planning our trip and it took soooooo long to open even the nost basic of websites. Really annoying.

The (free) breakfast was actually pretty good, a nice choice of hot/cold food and a very hard-working staff member keeping it all together when it got busy.

My kids used the pool which is awkwardly located right next to the lobby/reception, but siad it was OK, could do with opening a little earlier (did not open until 9am I recall).

The location of the hotel is in the heart of Jamestown from what I could see, the area is a bit rundown. When we arrived there was a tailgate party going on in the parking lot (!), a bit redneck but harmless enough. There seemed like some kid of reunion or wedding party in or near the hotel which made it a bit noisy and also the walls are very thin and we could hear the people in the room next door as if they were sitting in ours.

The remote control did not work at all with the TV, which was a total pain, but there were a good selection of channels to keep the kids happy.

The plus point is that there is alot to do near to Jamestown, so this hotel is not a totally bad place to stay. I don't think we would stay here again when next in the area, definately try the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn which are both about a 5-10 minute drive away, nearer the highway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I am sorry you had issues. I do hope you reported the remote to Front Desk or Housekeeping and they gave a new one. Batteries die rather fast in these new remotes.

With the pool, our Insurance on the pool is from 9am-11pm.

I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
Jamestown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very nice, clean, comfy! Was able to bring my 2 small dogs, so that was conveinent! Couldnt find a parking spot late in the evening!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robin M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I am glad you liked us being "Pet Friendly". We try very hard to accomodate all of our guests.
Niagara Falls, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western due to naming our own price ( and not a great price at that). The parking lot is WAY too small for this hotel. The front desk lobby is in the rear of the building which also is part of the parking lot. Theere were 30-40 cars in the lot, so we had no where to park, nor room to pull up and check in. We had to park around the block and walk our bags in. Fortunately the part of Jamestown the hotel is in is relatively dead and it was daylight, so safety was an issue.

Check in was fast and friendly. I did bring up parking to the front desk and they advised me to park in the street or a nearby lot. Not a great suggestion, but at this point it was what it was.

The elevators and hallways could use a good vacuuming.

The room wa very large, clean, and seemed relatively up to date. There was a box tv and internet was wired, which was kind of a throwback. The room and bed was comfortable, and the hotel was quiet.

They have a nice pool, which was clean and inviting, but we did not go in, because it was right off the lobby and you can be seen by everyone in the lobby.

Breakfast was good, typical Belgian waffles, fruit, toasty items,cereals, Danishes, eggs, sausage, etc. they were good about refilling food stations that ran low.

We did notice that a lot of the staff took smoke breaks around the same time, which makes it a bit odd for smokers, but everyone was friendly enough.

All in all, I'd stay at the hotel again, just really thought the parking situation was awful. The management of te hotel should make arrangements with a local lot to fortify their poor parking situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dak1124
I am sorry about the parking lot. We do our best to keep our guests happy. I do hope you will return to us again for a good stay.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was polite and the room was clean. Overall this was a good stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg S
I do hope you will come back here if in town on business in the futre. Thank you for staying with us.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Nice, comfortable, clean room. Not fancy, but good value. Only problem was the disinterested night desk clerk. Check-out MacDuffs restaurant (4th and Pine) if you want something other than fast food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JonInPA
Sorry for any issues with desk clerk. I am glad you enjoyed your meal at McDuff's. Many times we also send people to Forte's which is also within walking distance to our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#1 of 6 in Chautauqua

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown? Share your experiences!