“Trendy, unique menu items”
Review of Taco Hut

Taco Hut
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: Mexican
Burton, Ohio
“Trendy, unique menu items”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This restaurant was very big (but the tables were crowded together), and very clean. While they had "typical" Mexican fare, they also had a unique spin on some items. We had the "chip bar" which comes in a tiered tower, and gives you warm tortilla chips on the bottom, and your choice of 3 dips on top. There are a lot more chips than there are dip. The dip is served in 2-oz tiny ramiken cups, and if you are in a group with more than 2 hungry adults, there may not be enough dip to go around. It was also kind of pricey for the amount of dip you get ($8). We chose the salsa, queso, and guacamole dips. They were ok, but if I visited again, I think I would just get the standard chips and salsa for $2.

Their kids menu was nice, in that they offered non-Mexican cuisine items, as well, if you have a child who isn't into tacos.

Our bill for 2 adults and 2 kids, including an appetizer, came to around $35. Would definitely visit again!

Visited February 2013

Niagara Falls, NY
“Decent Mexican Fare”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stopped at the Taco hut for lunch with my colleague. The place is large, with plenty of seating. We had lunch specials, I had the 2 tacos and chili, and my colleague had the chicken quesadilla.

The chili was very good, and had some bean curd in it which gave it a nice consistency, a corn shell was thrown in so that you could scoop chili as well. The tacos were good, not great, seasoning was a little less than I would have liked.

My colleague loved his quesadilla.

Service was fast and friendly and the food came out quick. The lunch specials are reasonably priced. Would visit again.

• Visited December 2012
Warren PA
“Bland and slightly boring”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Some folks rave about TH, but hubby and I were unimpressed. We would gladly eat Mexican seven nights a week, but not here. It feels Americanized and toned-down - not much flavor for our taste.

1 Thank EdandRuth
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

And the black bean ad chicken quesadilla is pretty good too!

I like Taco Hut because it has a small town feel to it. It isn't a chain, the food isn't fast food Mexican - it's good food at good prices with good service.

And their bar selection isn't bad either. :)

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Quick Service, Below-Average Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Okay. I'm sure this restaurant is one of the finer Mexican joints in the area. But I just wasn't impressed with it. This evening's special was three hard-shell tacos for $2.49. They basically consisted of shells with a thin layer of meat, a sprinkle of cheese, and a whole ton of lettuce. I got to sample some other ingredients with the taco salad, but there was nothing special. The ambiance was nice but the food seemed inauthentic; as such I rate this location below-average.

On the plus side, service is lightning-quick! Though it's almost uncomfortably quick in retrospect.

• Visited October 2012