“The Best Place in JamesTown!!!”
Review of Babalu Cafe - CLOSED

Babalu Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: A quaint cafe that serves breakfast all day and lunch menu across the street from the Lucy-Desi Museum in Jamestown.
Elizabeth, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Place in JamesTown!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I took my first trip to Jamestown over the weekend. Our first stop was the Babalu Cafe. I felt so welcomed as soon as I walked in. Everyone was so sweet and the Owner April is the nicest person she told my husband and I where to go to see everything where not to go. Plus the the food was amazing. I didnt wanted to leave Jamestown. Plus her staff is so sweet as well, everyone makes you feel ike you are family with them. I loved all the lucy stuff around the store and the her little gift shop. I cant wait to go back. That will be my first stop for Breakfast and lunch everyday of my trip! I told my husband already we are going back in August for Lucy fest!! And I want to hang out with April

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jaclyn N

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Best Kept Secret in Jamestown”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Tucked away on a nondescript street, this jewel of a restaurant is worth the effort to find! Don't be fooled by the facade, located next to the Lucille Ball Little Theatre on 2nd St, we always make it a destination for breakfast or lunch when traveling through the area! Homey, welcoming, and if you are a Lucy Fan, this is definitely the place to add to your visit of Jamestown!

Avon Lake, Ohio
“Shut upppppppp!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After reading the reviews (I usually trust TA reviews--they rarely have led me astray!) my friends and I decided to make this a stop on our drive to the Finger Lakes. We stopped for lunch and had a difficult time even finding it within the block using the Garmen. The signage could definitely be improved! The decor was average, and the tables close together. The staff was very pleasant but the food was just ok. We decided that the search to find the place was not necessarily worth it, and would eat elsewhere the next time thru Jamestown.

2 Thank librarylady44012
Tecumseh, Michigan
“A Hidden Tresure”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Babalu Cafe was an enjoyable experience, from the OUTSTANDING food to the great owners. As soon as you walk in you feel right at home. The cafe is located right next to the Lucille Ball Theater. It is tucked away, but make sure you take the time to find it, well worth the trip. You've gotta try the Mac and Cheese on Fridays, it is out of this world. At the end of each meal, you get to enjoy a piece of homemade cholocate. This place is a hidden treasure.

Frewsburg, New York
“GREAT CAFE!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This cafe is apparently a well kept secret in Jamestown. Great service, more than cheery & efficient staff, & a cozy hometown atmosphere. The food was spectacular & the free dark chocolate truffle for dessert was sooooooooooooo yummy. Prices were very reasonable also.

• Visited August 2012