“A little something for everyone.”

Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum and Center for...
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Jamestown
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucille Ball's hometown of Jamestown, NY honors the legacy of "The First Couple of Comedy" with the Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum. The museum attraction is open seven days a week, and features replica sets, Lucille Ball's Emmy awards, costumes, rare memorabilia, and much more.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Whether you grew up with Lucy or know of her because of parents or grandparents, there's something new to learn here. I was born the same year as Little Ricky so I fall into the "grew up with" group. Yet I didn't know much about how Lucy got to be "Lucy" and nothing, really, about Desi's youth. (For instance, I didn't know Desi played high school basketball in Miami.) There are lots of photographs and several opportunities to watch video. The museum is broken up into two collections in two buildings next door to each other. You'll get a wristband to get into both. In addition to costumes the highlight is the re-creations of sets. It was so cool to see them in *color*. On the wall facing one set is a wall-high photo of an actual audience watching a taping, so you can imagine being there. You can spend as little as an hour hitting the highpoints, or longer if you stop and read each plaque and watch all the videos. After, be sure to visit Lucy's grave in the Lakeview Cemetery. If you enter through the main gate on Lakeview Ave, just follow the red hearts and arrows.

4  Thank CovingtonCat

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loaded up the car and went on a summer road trip to the Lucy-Desi Museum in Jamestown, NY. Our group included a Nana, 15 and 13 year old girls and myself. It was wonderful. We stayed at the Best Western. The people there were great and it was only a 2 block walk to the museum.
We purchased tickets for the Lucy-Desi Museum as well as the Desilu Playhouse. You definetly have to do both. The first outlines the lives of Lucy and Desi from birth until the day they met, then carries on to their starting the I Love Lucy series, raising a family, divorcing, moving on in their careers. There are lots of wonderful pictures, some tv's that play interviews with Lucielle's childhood friends, her gold Mercedees, lots of personal clothing and tv/movie costumes.
The Desilu Playhouse has original items and replicas in recreations of the television sets from I Love Lucy. They there their kitchen and living room from their New York apartment and their Hollywood hotel living room. There is also a replia of their bedroom set, pictures of Fred and Ethel and some of their costumes. Seeing the sets in colour in person made you feel like you could step back in time. You could almost imagine Lucy and Desi walking through the door!
When you are finished at the museum you exit onto the street, up 2 doors and into the Desilu Playhouse. Both has their own giftshops. Some great items, expect to make purchases at both!
Jamestown has a small downtown. There are painted murals of Lucy of many of the sides of brick buildings. There are also several roads in Jamestown that are made of red bricks. Very cool. We spent some time driving around the town in search of Lucy's birthplace, childhood home, waterfront park names after her and the cemetary she is buried in. We would only find her childhood home and park.
Ate at Wegmans grocery store for dinner. Starting at $6 you pick you entree and 2 sides. They have stations where you can heat up your meal, cutlery and hotplates are provided. There is ample seating, a kids area and patio if you would prefer to eat outdoors. The 4 of us ate with drinks for $26!!! No tipping required.
I highly recommend a trip to Jamestown to visit the Lucy-Desi Museum and Playhouse!!

5  Thank sunshinesX3
Reviewed August 19, 2012

For those who are fans of the show, it is a wonderful place to visit. Great to see the set recreations in color and lots of other exhibits from the show.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Myself and three girlfriends made our annual trek to Jamestown NY to pay homage to America's most funniest lady. As per our ritual, we visited the home she was born in, the home she was raised in, the Lucy/Desi Museum, the park named in her honor in Celeron and paid our respects at the family grave. Jamestown NY is a lovely place with very friendly neighbors.
The Lucy/Desi Museum changes it's displays throughout the years which keeps the tour very interesting.
If Lucy, Desi, William and Vivian were still alive, they would be so proud that the Arnaz children are keeping their spirit and memory alive. Maybe one day, I will actually meet Lucie or Desi Jr and tell them what an inspiration their mom and dad continue to be for me and my own children who thoroughly enjoyed I Love Lucy even though they grew up decades later.
Thanks for the memories,
Marie

1  Thank Screwball
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you a fan of I Love Lucy then this is the place for you. They have many souveniers to purchace for two gift shops