“Horrible! Worst experience of my life!”

Lenny's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Jamesport
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family came in from out of town to visit me and I took them to "lennys" thinking it was good kosher food. But I noticed it was quite the opposite.. while I was there trying to have a nice dinner with my family, all I could hear was the owner"lenny" screaming at his employees, and the service was despicable, the foodwas way bebelow par, it wasn't even close to Koser food and the taste was so salty we couldn't finish one bite and the owner made us pay for the whole meal that was ridiculously over priced and it must have been the worst experience of our lives. I would never go back there again and would never tell anyone to go there! Stay away! It's not worth your time, money, sanity and headaches! Lennys pizza must be the worst pizza place I've ever experienced!

4  Thank chefcoby79
Lenny J, Owner at Lenny's Pizza & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Hello, thank you for your review. Please understand that for the sake of ensuring that our profile remains a reliable and accurate source of information about our business, I wanted to personally reply and provide you with some useful information about our restaurant.

Please note that while we do use only the highest quality ingredients in our pizza and entire menu, our food is not Kosher. In addition to our pizza, our dining menu is Italian and we do not offer any Kosher selections. We serve homemade sauce, premium dough, organic chicken, Israeli imported basil and only premium Grande Mozzarella Cheese. Our prices are very reasonable given the quality of the ingredients and work that goes into preparing each meal, and we are proud to provide good, affordable food to our community.

On behalf of our entire staff, I do apologize for any inconvenience during your dining experience. As for your mention of “Lenny screaming at his employees,” please note that I was not at the restaurant during the time of your visit. Please also note that every member of our staff is fully trained to be attentive, courteous and professional, and management communicates with them on a constant basis to ensure excellent service. It is a top priority for all of our customers to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable environment when dining with us. Rude and inappropriate behavior by any member of our staff is unacceptable and will result in serious consequences and/or termination.

As a Long Island Pizzaiolo serving Booklyn Pizza and Italian cuisine on the North Fork for over 30 years, and as a business owner who values the work and dedication that goes into building a reputation, I respectfully question the motive behind this review. It is your right to post your opinion but I also hope you will consider coming back. When you do, please let me know personally and your next slice is on me.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Lenny

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The best pizza pies available on the North Fork. Tangy sauce, thin crust and the right amount of cheese. Lenny is a great guy and takes great care of you!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stopped by here a month ago because I was hungry and needed a couple of slices to fill my belly for lunch! The slices were small, undercooked, and more expensive then what I'm use to paying.

The staff was friendly and the place was clean. When I said "Hello to Lenny" he thought he knew me!

I'm willing to give the place a second chance!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently hosted a party at our home for 20 friends. Lenny provided the food and it was fabulous. Everyone loved the chicken, pasta and eggplant entrees. Lenny provided everything we needed and the food was ready at the time we requested.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

GREAT spot for our family dinner on vacation. EXCELLENT service, great food and comfortable environment!