“theres a good reason they keep the lights so low”
Review of Cliff's Elbow Room

Cliff's Elbow Room
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Jamesport
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

After hearing mixed reviews of this place my husband and i decided to take the dive. .and dive is what it is. They are known for their marinated steak but we found ours tough, grisly oily,and so drowned in marinade (to hide the cheap quality of the meat i'm sure) that you hardly knew what you were eating. I would never recommend this restaurant.
P.s. While we were eating a waitress nearby was sneezing and coughing without making any attempt to cover her mouth...that was the real cherry on top.

2  Thank lampgod127
There are newer reviews for Cliff's Elbow Room

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Love it here. It's the only we place we always stop at to eat when we go to the North Fork. It's quaint and homey and everyone is always so nice.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

When I lived on the North Fork this was a great little place with great steaks. Stopped in on the way home from the airport. Since the steaks are now about $28 and $34 I decided to try one of the specials, LI duck and husband had flounder.

How can a duck have no flavor? The sauce, a reduction of forgettable ingriedents, added nothing. The corn on the cob had been sitting in hot water far too long. The corn did not do justice to what one can buy at any farm stand on the North Fork. It is so good you don't need butter or salt. This was not what I enjoy every summer.

Husband wasn't sure he was served flounder. There was so little of it and it looked over done.

Had lunch there a few weeks ago. The soft shell crabs were large, but again where was the flavor? The breading had a slightly burned taste.

As much as I loved this little place in the past I'll never go back.

2  Thank 882vail55
Reviewed September 13, 2012

When I lived close by, I dined here frequently - they always had the best marinated steaks. On a recent visit, I dined here again with family (it's been over 30 years) and the quality and flavor of their steaks puts others to shame. The marinated shell steak for lunch was excellent (and big) - wonderful marinade and cooked to perfection. And the cheeseburger (they grind their own meat) was the best I've ever had. If you want great food, go to the Elbow Room.

The service was very good; waitstaff was courteous and attentive. The dining room is small - very small - and tables are tight (I don't think it's changed in 30 years either). Steaks are pricey but worth every cent! Don't go there for the ambiance - go for the food.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I would not go back to this place if they paid me. I made a reservation for dinner with my family in advance. As the day progressed I realized that I would NOT be able to make my reservation. So instead of having them hold a table I called and explained that I could not make it there and would have to cancel since I would not be able to make it there on time. The woman seemed very nice and asked me what time I would be able to make it there. I told her I could not make it until a half hour later then I planned. After checking she got back on the telephone and told me "no problem" we will be able to have a table for you. Fast forward an hour later when I show up ON time and was told it would be at least 45 minutes until I would be seated. I explained that I made reservation and I was basically told Too BAD! I drove 30 minutes out of my way to get there and was more then a little pissed off since I had my entire family with me. If you like lousy service then this place is for you

2  Thank Jim L