“North Fork Gem”
Review of Jedediah Hawkins

Jedediah Hawkins
Reserve with OpenTable
Jedediah Hawkins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Jamesport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 25
Transit: The Hampton Jitney stops in Jamesport.
Description: Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.
Bridgehampton, New York
“North Fork Gem”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A wonderful dining experience...brunch outside on the patio amid the beautifully landscaped grounds was perfect. Fresh from the oven muffins served with homemade lavendar salted butter drizzled with honey started our wonderful meals. We raved about the duck wings as an appetizer as well as the beet salad. Each course was prepared to perfection. The service was exceptional ..attentive yet not overbearing. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about all the menu items...and were more than happy to explain how the dish was prepared. This place is a wonderful gem on the North Fork of Long Island that I would highly recommend...and definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Hamptonfoodie

Sag Harbor, New York
“Wonderful Food, Great Setting”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went here for dinner with my business partner, our attorney and our wives for a wonderful evening of good food and drink. We started out in the basement bar, surrounded by brick and mortar and old beams in a very casual atmosphere. The waiter could not have been more accommodating. We spend about an hour here and then were brought up to the dining room for dinner. As always, the food was outstanding, the noise level very comfortable and the service excellent. You could not ask for a better evening !

• Visited October 2013
eastern CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food,disappointing experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I called for a reservation for a Thursday night and was asked if it was a special day. I was pleased that I was asked and explained it was our 46th anniversary. Upon arrival, nothing was mentioned of our special day and we were asked if we wanted to be on the porch. I said okay and was ushered to a table directly in front of the entrance where everyone would have to circumvent us. We then asked for an inside table. We were given a nice table by a window that had an air conditioning vent under the table that blew directly on our legs. I plopped my hand bag on top of it and that cured that problem. My husband had a bison burger which he was very happy with and I had a sea bass which was very good except it had the skin on it which was crispy and I found the visual a bit underwhelming and had difficulty removing it. The place was lovely although the food was slow to be served, but throughout the entire evening, no one ever mentioned our anniversary. The food was good, but the experience was disappointing.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KBLPN
New York
“Delicious meal and great service from Jake”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful private dinner on one of the nights of our stay and got to try 5 courses of creative fare. The duck/tamarind wings were outstanding as were the simple tomato and tarragon bruschetta - best tomato I've had in years. Also the steamed clams and mussels in a fennel broth were outstanding - I highly recommend a visit.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank frequenttravellar
Manorville, New York
“Good night out”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

A very pleasant atmosphere and fine dining experience. The food was very good and the wine list was extensive. The service was not up to par as our waitress liked to talk to certain tables for extended periods while we waited. Overall we would return.

• Visited April 2014