“Not all it's cracked up to be” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jedediah Hawkins

Jedediah Hawkins
Reserve with OpenTable
Jedediah Hawkins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Jamesport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 25
Transit: The Hampton Jitney stops in Jamesport.
Description: Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.
Oak Beach, New York
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have wanted to visit this resturant for some time so I was very excited to make the 1.5 hour trip to get there. We had an 8:30 res and got there at 8. The woman at desk was very friendly and said she could seat us shortly and to sit and have a drink. No problem as we were early. We ordered drinks and my husbands came as a dirty martini instead of regular. He approached the bar as everyone else was busy. He was trying to tell them that this might be someone elses drink, but the bartender cut him off and said he had to speak to his server. Wow not the way you treat a customer. We found Colin the mgr an explained and he was very nice, but the bad taste was there already. We sat down to dinner and our waitress very nice and friendly. The time between courses was a bit long in the tooth. Halibut was great, but steak overpowered by garlic. All in all ok. Bartender did apologize but I think he was prompted. Would not make the trip again as there are much better places closer. The building is very nice though.

• Visited September 2013

Melbourne
“Delicious lunch, incredible setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Popped by for a quick bite for Monday lunch. I had a classic grilled chicken club w a spicy mayo and my partner had the bar burger. Both were cooked to perfection, super tasty and served with extra yummy fries. The service was attentive and warm and the immaculate grounds and beautiful setting made us feel like royalty yet we walked away with a cheque for $50 for lunch, a drink and tip. What a treat. Looked at the dinner menu too and we'll definitely be back soon as their were so many things that sounded delicious. A classy place with a warm feel and fab food!

• Visited August 2013
Bayshore
“45th Weddings Anniversary Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a night's stay at the above-mentioned
inn in Jamesport, New York. It was fabulous!!!!! The celebration of our
45th wedding anniversary was completely enhanced by the beauty of the inn, as
well as the staff and, of course, the cuisine.
It is very hard to express exactly what made The Jedediah Hawkins such a
special place; I just believe that the combination of the people, trained
staff, cuisine and exceptional beauty of the inn and its grounds ,coalesce to
create an atmosphere of warmth, happiness (both for the guests and FROM the
staff) and a desire to return for another wonderful experience!

We rate this inn an A+!

Visited August 2013
long island
“Not the same!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

At my request we visited Jedediah last night to celebrate with family. I previously gave this restaurant a 5 star review and was looking forward to a wonderful meal. Our reservation was early so the restaurant was not crowded. The appetizers we ordered were very good and some of the entrees were also. We were surprised that there were no vegetable side dishes on the menu. (It's August on the north fork of Long Island-farm country!) This made it a little difficult for the vegetarian in our party. She ordered an appetizer for her dinner, requesting that the meat be left off the dish. When it was delivered there was "spec" (fancy name for bacon) draped over her food. My pasta dish was edible but tasted like a frozen dinner. We all agreed. When we let the waitress know we were disappointed there was not offer to replace it or compensate in any way. I ate two forkfuls and left the rest. While the waitress was pleasant, I was astonished when our food was brought to the table. The servers had no idea who got what and it turned into "Who gets the pork? Who gets the fish?" after the dishes were set in front of the wrong people. It reminded me of diner service. Deserts were good although you if you order the ice cream you must take one scoop of each flavor, no adjustments...why? We were never offered coffee with desert. We had to ask for it.
This is a lovely and popular restaurant. However, they need to pay attention to some of these obvious details. I won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kgirltoday
Huntington, New York
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn was amazing. My now fiancé called ahead and made the reservations. When he reserved the room, he mentioned that he was going to propose and wanted to make sure that everything was going to be perfect. When we arrived, we were greeted by Colin and he upgraded us to the suite. The suite was absolutely beautiful. As you head up the stairs, you first enter into this grand study area. Once you reached the bedroom, the room opens up even more. The décor was exquisite with hardwood floors; we had our own private belvedere that overlooked the whole grounds (which was actually where my fiancé proposed to me), at night when you wanted to relax, there a fireplace that was actually very welcoming even in August because we were cold from the AC. The next morning we were greeted with a homemade gourmet breakfast. Everything was perfect and now every year my fiancé and I have decided to make this a tradition a go back for a little romantic getaway.

Visited August 2013