“Wine and Oysters oh my!”

Jamesport Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Jamesport
More attraction details
Owner description: Old world charm combines with the latest technology in this vineyard's 150 year-old-barn that contains the award-winning winery and tasting room.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went to several wineries while staying in the Mattituck area last weekend. Jamesport was one of our favorite stops. We visited a bit early in the day so it wasn't very crowded yet. Next time we would come back later in the day probably. However, the wine was tasty and the Oysters were being served and delish! Our server at the bar (I apologize, can't remember his name) was great. He was retired and working just a couple of days a week there and we enjoyed meeting him. We would return again.

There are newer reviews for Jamesport Vineyards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am surprised to see negative reviews her; I visited this winery yesterday with a group of girlfriends, and we were very happy with the experience we had. If these reviewers had done their homework, they would have known that the only food served at this winery are Oysters and Flatbread Pizzas, both of which were fresh and very tasty. Conner and Josh, our wine server and oyster shucker, were both friendly and courteous. Since the indoor serving bar was crowded we went to the outdoor area in the back. While it is a smaller bar, there are padded benches with coffee tables on the back patio, and many other seating areas on the lawn. The wines they offer are good (not great), and are a good value. I will be back.

1  Thank KatBklyn
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went for the wine and beer festival with friends. They charged an admission fee for the band and one glass of beer or wine. We were not able to bring in any outside food and all they had available to purchase were muscles and a very thin crusted pizza. Based on the line for the pizza it was obvious that they were short staffed. Unfortunately, I am allergic to shellfish so that left the pizza. Personally, filling up on pizza is not an acceptable option for me when sitting in the hot sun drinking wine all day. The combination of the overpriced wine, lack of food , and admission price put this on the "do not return to any time soon" list for me.

1  Thank Schlspchpth
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here for the beer festival last weekend. We knew there was an admission charge and with that a ticket for a free drink. We arrived early and were lucky to get a great spot to relax and enjoy. We did have to bring our own chairs, as there are very few tables to sit. We also knew that you could not bring in any outside food. The only food they were offering were oysters and flatbread pizza. They could BBQ anything, because they did not have enough help to make anything. I know it was a special festival, but they should have thought of this in advance and planned on bringing more people in to help. We had to wait for almost an hour for a pizza. And when you are drinking wine, you like to munch on little snacks. They should think of serving something else (check to see what Martha Clara offers). The band was great! And of course hanging out with friends was what made us stay. We love going to the wineries and trying new ones, but will not be returning to this one!

2  Thank EEP3
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went there twice before and they weren't open for wine tasting. The staff had no personality. We went to the vineyards again last weekend and saw this vineyard open so we figured we'd give it a try. Again, the staff had no personality. The bar was small and there were six other people tasting. We were waiting to be served. No one made an attempt to serve us or to say they'd be with us shortly. My husband had to ask to be served. There was an outdoor area that you could buy a bottle and go outside, but after this being our third strike here, we left. There are plenty of other vineyards that are much more enjoyable, such as Jason's, Pindar, Duck Walk, etc. Sorry for the thumbs down.

1  Thank Margaret M