“"THE" Best Winery on the North Fork” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamesport Vineyards

Jamesport Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Jamesport
More attraction details
Owner description: Old world charm combines with the latest technology in this vineyard's 150 year-old-barn that contains the award-winning winery and tasting room.
Westhampton Beach, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“"THE" Best Winery on the North Fork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Jamesport Vineyards scores high on all points! Great wine, great location and an even greater staff!

The wine selection is vast and very good! If I were Robert Parker I'd score them all 90 and above. My wine of choice is usually Chardonnay but I was very impressed with their East End Cinq Blanc.
The Cinq was a blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Pinot Blanc. It was very light and crisp but yet boldly subtle. I really enjoyed it!

The vineyard itself also rates 5 stars. The tasting room is beautiful and the grounds expansive with lots of seating. We went on a Sunday, the 14th of October and a terrific band was playing.

To accompany our wine were homemade thin crisp pizzas that were deeeee-licious!

We couldn't of had a more perfect Sunday in Long Island Wine Country and we have Jake to thank! He took great care of us and we can't wait to go back!

Little secret.... they have a 'tasting room' below for groups to 20 or so and I believe they will cater! Definitely a little plus!!!!

Walk... or better yet... RUN... to this terrific winery!

Visited October 2012

New York
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Don't bring any bags.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to do a wine tasting with my wife and daughter and it was a good experience. The young lady was who was serving us was polite and helpful. She even apologized for making us wait, which we really didn't and it was served to us at a normal pace. Upon completion of the wine tasting, I went out to the backyard to check out the vineyard and the area. I walked no more than 4 feet onto the grass when I was stopped by one of their staff and was told I was not allowed to picnic in the backyard. First, I had a sling pack (containing my camera gear) which was not big enough to hold food, drinks or any additional item(s) you may need for a picnic. Second, if I were to set up and have a picnic, at least wait until then to tell me. I didn't see any sign on the premise that prohibited you from bringing any outside items. The accusation of me having a picnic without proof left a bad taste in my mouth which could have been handled more tactfully. I would have given it 3-4 stars but I had to give it 2.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BTFeedback
Rocky Point, New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Nice and relaxing afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The wine is good, tastings are fun. The shop has loads of fun, unique things to buy. Then go outside and enjoy the guitar playing on the porch overlooking the vines!

Visited July 2012
NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Tasting room at Island Boat Marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

On Shelter Island. Went to dinner at SALT Restaurant and had a tasting. It's beautiful and many wines to select. Tasted all the reds & they were all very good! We bought a couple to take back to our boat.

Visited July 2012
Walnut Creek
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Need a Little more hospitality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We arrived at 4:30 and had the immediate sense the host/bartender was ready to keave (open til 5) He was finishing uo a phone call, never welcomed us, gave us a checklist to pick our wines for tasting, just poured never commented on the wines, we read it off the menu to find out about the wine. Ambiance is a nice feel but he had world news radio on which was pretty depressing. At $13 this was the most expensive estate tasting we encountered and we keft without making another purchase. No passion, c'mon your pouring wines be friendly, be happy. Skip this one

Visited June 2012