“Experienced staff and good wine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clovis Point

Clovis Point
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Jamesport
Bellmore, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Experienced staff and good wine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice wine, atmosphere and staff. I was at Clovis Point yesterday, the second stop on my list for my "Day on the North Fork." Live music and good wine, together with a knowledgeable staff, made this a pleasant way to spend our time. I will be back! Thanks, Hal, for turning me on to a new Red!

Visited October 2013

Killeen, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Limited Wine Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Super nice facility with a lovely lady facilitating the tasting. No sweet wines whatsoever.......something about if you want sweet, get a bowl of sugar and a spoon! I will admit the choices that are available are flavorful......Worth the stop for sure!

Visited September 2013
Patchogue, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cute little vineyard with very good wine and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I went here because we saw a deal on groupon for it. My mother in law had actually been here before and said it was a great winery! When we arrived we noticed that this place was very small and only had one bartender; his name was Kelly and he was amazing! We sat down and I'll be honest I was expecting them to be very short with us since we were there on a groupon deal; that was not the case at all! Kelly was excited that we saw the groupon and quickly explained to us what we would be receiving. He not only poured us our first glass but actually explained the wine and told us how it was brewed and what to expect. He was spot on with every glass and knew just by talking to us what we would like and what we wouldn't. My wife and I learned a lot and had an overall great time. One thing you need to know is they typically only have Merlot, Chardonnay & Cabernet Franc but they were all very good despite me not being a big merlot or white wine fan! We will definitely be back!

Visited September 2013
Southold, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Love this place! Great staff, a tiny escape from the rest of the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my go to winery if I need a last minute bottle of Chardonnay, Cab Franc, or Rose.
I also enjoy bringing friends here if I want to sit, relax and talk. Kelly is really knowledgeable, and Hal goes out of his way to may you happy.

Visited August 2013
South Orange, New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great Winery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Unlike many wineries on the North Fork, they are not staffed with young kids who are just pouring wine to tourists. They have regular staff who are very knowledgeable about wine. Outdoor seating is fantastic and when the weather is good they have barrels with stools out in the grass next to the wines.

Try the Archeology wine. It's yummy.

Visited August 2013