“not what I expected from the other reviews”
Review of Clovis Point

Clovis Point
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Jamesport
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have lived near Napa and visited many a vineyard around the world.. This one was right near the bottom of my experiences. Sorry guys. I'll give them a little credit because we showed up at 3 on a Sunday.. But...

First they only had merlot and chardonnay to offer in their flights. I'll also admit merlot is my least favorite wine, but even those were flat and disappointing. Only the first chardonnay had any appeal to it.

They didn't have any thing to offer us between the tastings so I couldn't get the taste of the last wine out before trying the next. Plus they poured the wines into our glasses, one right after the other, not even rinsing them. Our flight was supposed to come with cheese and crackers, but they didn't have any cheese to offer, nor did we get offered anything we paid for until we had the flights completed. The tastings occurred along a short bar area on one wall, so we felt crowded with the other patrons. Between the crowded feeling and less than desirable wines we skipped two tastings. Since they didn't have any cheese, we got a plate of soprosetta and a plate with hummus. The hummus showed up still in the plastic tub you can get at any grocery store. Both were served with bland Carrs crackers..Even though we had a local acting like a wise old sommelier telling us about the "finish"... they failed.

Only thing I found appealing about the visit was the outside patio and the singer.

3  Thank Jeff R
ClovisHal, Owner at Clovis Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are sorry you did not enjoy your visit. As you noted, almost all of our reviews are extremely positive. You did come at an extremely busy time and we did run out of cheese. There is no excuse for that. We did the best we could and apologize if you did not enjoy your visit. If you come again, the tastings are on us. By the way, there was a Cabernet Franc on your tasting and the remainder, while Merlots, were blends. Hal Ginsburg, managing partner, Clovis Point

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This winery is a gem. The location is beautiful, set away from the main road, and the staff is great. We went for jazz on the vine and had a great time--even in the dead of winter.

1  Thank 17wandalust
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Can't say enough about how nice this winery is and I've been to many of the North Fork vineyards. The location and building itself are beautiful, the wine is excellent and the people are friendly and helpful.

I recently rented out space there for a birthday party and it couldn't have been better. They provided us plenty of dedicated space with tables, chairs and glassware along with room on the patio and access to the back lawn (which is gorgeous). They gave us a discount on wines and didn't rush us to leave, even after we had gone past our allocated time. Overall it was spectacular.

I would highly recommend Clovis Point for both casual wine tastings, group tours or parties. I think it's one of the best vineyards on the North Fork and definitely one of the most reasonable for what you get.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The manager Kelly was very accommodating. We had a party of 15 without a reservation but her have us a table and collected as many chairs as possible for us. Atmosphere was great! Wine was delicious. Relaxing beautiful day after pumpkin picking. No loud music, no bachelorette parties. Just what u want wine and a great band to relax and unwind to. Beautiful vineyard with amazing wines! Thanks kelly for making our day a great one!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice atmosphere. Cab Franc was my favorite. Staff is friendly. I was there for a private cocktail party. I would suggest this venue for such.