“Great steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Jamesport Manor Inn

The Jamesport Manor Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jamesport Manor Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Jamesport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Road (Route 25)
Description: The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Last night I had one of the best meals ever. The oysters were really plump and tasty, served with lemon crushed ice. The NY strip steak was sublime. So so tender and really tasty. Maureen, the waitress/bar tender was excellent and very helpful. A visit is a must.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mark A

Newport Center, Vermont
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I finished our dinner here barely an hour ago and I was so impressed that I felt the need to immediately write this review. Located in a beautiful, reconstructed mansion (the original, from the mid 19th century, burnt down in 2005), this restaurant is the poster child for an exceptional rural inn, from the external ornamentation with its gorgeous slate mansard roof, to the superb woodwork inside, to the quality of food and attentive service. We were warmly greeted and quickly seated. My wife ordered a glass of wine from a local North Fork winery and I had a very well-concocted espresso martini. The menu is not extensive but very well constructed. My wife had the beet salad, a piece of which I was lucky enough to wrest from her. Beet mixed with bacon and mandarin orange - delicious. I had the raw oysters. I have had oysters-on-the-half shell in many locations, but the unique presentation here was the replacement of lemon wedges with a dollop of lemon granita atop each oyster, providing a truly citrusy tang. My wife and I picked the same main course, the duck breast. Upon hearing our identical choice, I changed to the pan-seared scallops. Both entrees were terrific, in completely different ways. The scallops came with a polenta with baby carrots, a very savory combination. The duck on the other hand was a total counterpoint, with black pepper fettuccine with precisely sweetened cassis lingonberry sauce. It was quite difficult to decide which of us had made the best choice, given the marked contrast between the two, and so we decided they were both excellent. Dessert was - among the best I've ever had. I had a malt chocolate terrine with pistachios. Melt-in-your-mouth! Intense chocolate! Not enough! My wife had a brownie ice cream sandwich which was great, although not quite as brilliant as the terrine. After dinner, we went up to the second floor to view the artwork and see the additional seating, which was very cozy. From beginning to end, a wonderful evening.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank HSRSteve
Long Island, New York
“Great Service backed by a wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We happen to know someone that works at the Inn and decided to pop on over to see them in action and try out the food. The person was very professional while we were there. The food was excellent. We all loved what we ordered and coveted the plates of others. The place is small, but very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We went during restaurant week - so the price was very reasonable. Would love to go back.

• Visited May 2014
new york
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a meal during restaurant week. Highly recommend the brisket style beef dish. Melts in your mouth. Desserts were also over the top. Great service and excellent food. Perfect for romantic dinner or families (with well behaved children). Can't wait to eat there again!

• Visited April 2014
DEstin Fl
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here and were thrilled to find out it was restaurant week and it was truly a bargain as well! My wife loved the roasted beet salad. I wish I had ordered it as well. I got the sweet pea/asparagus risotto, which tasted ok ( a bit bland) but the portion was way too large and the dish way too heavy to be an appetizer.Unfortunately had to leave half of it on the plate. My wife had salmon and I had beef shank for mains and both were tasty and not excessive in portion size.
We discovered an incredible wine-- the "Super Tuscan" Lucente, which for $58 is an incredible value. I ordered some on the internet as soon as I got home. This is a blend--75%Merlot and 25%Sangiovese. Excellent!!
Our service was nice and unobtrusive. The restaurant has the old house charm one would expect from the name. Very nice. We would certainly dine there again if we are in the area.

• Visited May 2014