“Another Luxury Link Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant

Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Jamesport B&B and Inns
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Another Luxury Link Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The inn is just beautiful & in a great location. We walked to the beach. Within reasonable distances there are nice wineries. The Inn gave us a list of 14 wineries with complimentary tastings for guests of the inn. Although the inn was lovely, the staff was just wonderful. The servers were polite, efficious and very helpful. Breakfasts consisted of 5 delicious courses. Colin, the manager, could not do enough for us. He even offered us the use of his own beach chairs at the beach across from his house. I got this trip as a birthday present for my husband, but we have plans to come back again. Kudos to the staff at the inn!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terri C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn for 3 nights during the first week of July 2014.
This place is amazing. The property and the gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. Our room (Cider room) was very nicely decorated and had all the necessary amenities for a first-class inn. The hospitality was second to none. From the moment we stepped in until our departure, we felt very welcomed and the staff did everything to make our stay a delightful experience. The breakfasts were just AMAZING. With lots of talent and creativity the a la cart breakfast served at the solarium was just fantastic. It was a true culinary experience. We took our time to enjoy it. It starts at 09:30 am and takes over an hour, but it was worth it. The service (Thank you Eugenia) was impeccable - just perfect.
We had one dinner at the inn. We highly recommend. Chef Craig Attwood did wonders. The entire dinner experience was fantastic. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We came to the Hamptons all the way from Houston, Texas and will be back to Jedediah Hawkins Inn!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eexplorer-P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a great experience at the Jedediah Inn. The grounds are serene, quiet and inviting. The Indigo room was tastefully decorated, clean with a large bathroom and high ceilings. The Indigo room is located on the 1st floor in between the kitchen and dining room, so it is a bit noisy. If you want to hear a pin drop, stay in one of the other rooms on the 2nd floor. The staff is extremely pleasant and the 4 course gourmet breakfast which is included in the room rate is one of the best breakfast meals I have ever had. We are definitely planning a return visit in the next few months.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George T
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently stayed at JHI with my daughter to attend a wedding nearby. Our first trip to the North Fork. Inn was quaint. Staff and service beyond expectations. The food was WAY beyond my expectations. Fresh, creative, divine. In my top 5. So much so that i had to introduce myself to the chef to thank him. Breakfast included with room was amazing. Lunch and Dinner beyond amazing.
I think i would go back just for the food. We live in NYC and Montauk, so this adventure to the North Fork was lovely. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose room. Lovely. Also recommend the Cider or Coco rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our stay at Jedediah Hawkins. We decided to treat ourselves to a mini getaway for our 3rd anniversary. We had a wonderful experience. The Inn and grounds are BEAUTIFUL. The house is meticulously restored and stunning. We stayed in the Rose room for a night and then were upgraded to the Belvedere suite. The regular room was beautiful but the suite was STUNNING. I must stay, I peeked into most of the rooms as the cleaning person was there and each room is really nicely decorated and has it's own vibe. I'm a stickler for clean linens, bathroom etc and everything was in tip top shape.

The staff really go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. My husband and I arrived late afternoon Sunday and were hungry but the restaurant was closed and in the process of prepping for dinner and they were nice enough to put together a few appetizers for us to eat. We had dinner at the restaurant the following night and it was delicious.

Colin, the manager is wonderful. He knows a lot about the area, is super accommodating and even made us breakfast. His cooking skills really good! We had a wonderful waiter Wes and even met one of the chefs, Kyle. All of the staff treated us so nicely and made us feel at home.

I'm already looking in my calendar for dates we can return this summer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Toniann B
Ramsey, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed 2 nights for our 10 year anniversary to be close enough for our young children in NJ. Every request was taken care of by the attentive and detailed, but not overbearing, host and staff immediately and beyond our expectations. The restaurant was opened just for us to dine on an amazingly well planned, paired, and executed tasting courses. The breakfasts set themselves apart from other "country-style" B&Bs where we've stayed. The Inn served our interests including: art, biking, wine/spirits, cuisine, luxury suite accommodations, and of course hammock time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

My fiance and I spent 19-21 May at the Jedediah Hawkin's Inn. Needless to say, 19 May was one of the best days of my life. My now fiance, proposed to be within the belvedere suites cupola. I couldn't have asked for a more intimate and romantic evening. I would like to thank Jedediah and the staff for providing us an unforgettable experience. The staff went above and beyond to ensure a wonderful stay. Our experience was unforgettable and we look forward to returning to the JHI again soon.

Thanks

Anush Avakyan

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamesport
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island
The Duncan Inn
The Duncan Inn
#1 of 1 in Jamesport

Been to Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!