“A Beautiful North Fork Gem!”

Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Jamesport B&B and Inns
Ronkonkoma, New York
“A Beautiful North Fork Gem!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had the wedding of our dreams at Jedediah Hawkins Inn! The historic Bed & Breakfast was the perfect setting for romance and elegance, and the farm-to-table cuisine still has our guests raving! Whether it's a weekend getaway you're seeking, a night out for a classy and delicious meal, a few libations in the charming Speakeasy, or simply to enjoy the scenic grounds, Jedediah Hawkins Inn is not to be missed! Many loving thanks to Colin, Vanessa, and especially Chef Rich for giving us the most incredible day of our lives, and beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful, but spring for the Belvedere Suite! It's simply exquisite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights at this bed and breakfast in September, 2013. A wedding was wrapping up when we arrived to check in and there was some commotion, but the staff nevertheless gave us plenty of personal attention. Our room was unique, charming and spacious. We had a scrumptious breakfast with herbs and tomatoes from the Inn's gardens, which was tailored to meet my vegan daughter's needs. Dinner at the Inn was also special. We enjoyed the open views of farmland and walking around the grounds to look at the garden and the chickens. And it was only a block walk to the main street of the cute town. We loved this B&B and hope to return.

Room Tip: Every room is different, but they are all charming
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had an excellent stay at Jedediah Hawkins. Breakfast simply wonderful. Dinner was exquisite. Loved having drinks in the speakeasy and meeting great people. Everyone who works at this lovely inn was kind and helpful. We hope to return for a girl's weekend in the coming year. Thanks Colin et all.
Karen and Susi

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank KCC132013
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My room was so cool really dramatic and fun! my friends had the top floor which was even more amazing1 We enjoyed the wineries (e wonderful tastings)they called ahead to arrange great experiences! the dinner was exceptional wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: all rooms were wonderful Marilyn Monroe very art deco!
4 Thank mindy75
Long Island, NY
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed three days at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn. The moment we saw the Inn we were smiling. The Inn and its surrounding property are absolutely gorgeous and beautifully maintained. The rooms are cozy, interesting, clean and beautiful. The Belvedere Suite on the top floor is fantastic. Built in the 1860's, the Inn has history but is equipped with modern amenities (remote controlled gas fireplaces, TV, A/C, etc).

Every single staff member at the Inn was warm, welcoming, relaxed, completely attentive and professional, and made our stay a very happy one. Leah (the owner) was approachable, friendly and appreciative. Obviously, a woman of vision. Colin (the manager), was very versatile, friendly and interesting. Colin made suggestions for local wineries (award winning wines, ambience, etc) that we had never visited before but have now included in our favorites.

And did I mention the food? Unbelievable - delicious, interesting, comforting, beautifully presented. The dining areas of the Inn are unique and lovely. Even if you do not stay at the Inn, the restaurant is available to the public.

If you are looking for a place close to the wineries or just a peaceful place, operated with love, to get away on the North Fork of Long Island, NY, we totally suggest a stay at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn.

1 Thank Alice H
Los Altos, California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Two colleagues and I were driving from Boston to Melville on Long Island. We used the ferry from New London and were looking for somewhere to eat on the LI North Shore. We read reviews for the Inn and thought it sounded good but it was getting late - the ferry wasn't due to dock until 9pm. So I called and Colin, the manager answered. I explained where we were and asked how late we could eat.

Although he said they normally stopped serving at 9pm, he allowed us to arrive much later (closer to 10) and still allowed us plenty of time and an incredible meal. As we got to the end of the first bottle of wine, he also offered us rooms at a very discounted rate so that we could enjoy the rest of the evening, which we were glad to accept! (The rooms were lovely - a real change from the usual HiltMarrRamaCrown tedium.)

Even though we didn't finish our meal until close to midnight, he was still on hand to offer great service, and then offered to get up early the next morning to prepare an excellent breakfast that we could eat before an early start.

I travel a lot on business all over the world but I can't remember experiencing service like that before. Outstanding and highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Looked around online for a one day retreat for my wife and my anniversary. Stumbled across the Jedediah Hawkins Inn website and fell in love with the place.

Called the Inn and spoke to the manager Colin. I asked if I booked a room could I have an early check in, he said no problem. So I decided to book. I explained that the room was for my wife and my anniversary and at the end of our conversation Colin said that if it was available he would upgrade us to the suite. I was blown away from just the offer to be honest, that hasn't happened to us on any occasion. After looking at the website once again I was no praying that no one booked the suite. We stayed midweek so there wasn't much going on in the area but my fingers were crossed anyway.

The next day I checked the website and the suite was vacant, I was excited like a kid waiting for Christmas day. Later on in the day I once again checked and the room was booked. I was so disappointed although I really had no reason to be.

Finally the day arrived of our get away. After dropping off the kids and making arrangements for the dog we traveled to Jamesport in search of rest and relaxation. As we made our way to the Inn and turned onto the gravel driveway, this beautiful old majestic building was standing proud on a lush well manicured property. It's quite a site.
As we entered the building we were greeted by both Colin and Jackie. The decor and old world charm immediately hit you as if you were transported in time. After speaking to Jackie she said she had a surprise for us and brought us to our room. The surprise to the delight of my wife and I was the Belvedere Suite. My jaw hit the floor, I couldn't believe that not only did they upgrade us but they didn't allow the room to be booked so we could stay in the suite. What do you say? My wife and I were so appreciative.

As Jackie brought us up the stairs we enter this remarkably designed room. It is built in the attic of the in with many well designed nooks and crannies. Rustic wood timbers and brickwork grace the interior of the room along with built in bench seating if you want to enjoy a book by the window. The widows walk which is located up the stairs, it is like a cupola with a telescope and a couple of comfy chairs. A great place to read the paper and enjoy some coffee. The bathroom had a nice tub and heated floors. There was also a flat screen TV and fireplace with plenty of seating. The bed was plush with super cozy sheets and comforters. I could go on and on but you get the picture.
After getting settled we explored a winery and had lunch in town. We also did a spa treatment at the East Wind which was very nice. After dinner we got back and there were 2 glasses and 2 bottles of wine for us to enjoy. We went to the suite and relaxed by the fire with a few glasses of wine. A perfect end to a perfect day. I couldn't wait however to get into that bed, it looked so inviting.

The next morning I woke up and strolled through the premise. The outside has hammocks and our great seating area to enjoy a morning cup. when 9:30 hit it was time for breakfast. This was served in the atrium with wonderful views of the barn and backyard. Fresh squeezed OJ, greek yogurt with fresh fruit, blueberry crumb cake and farm fresh eggs over double cut bacon with a root vegetable stuffing. Was I still in bed and dreaming? I hate to sound like a broken record but it was delicious. I went out and laid on the hammock for a bit before check out. I hated having to go.

These folks at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn get it. They know how to make you feel absolutely wonderful. Like your the most important people and they want to make every single detail perfect. We will most certainly be back again, that I can promise. Well as long as we can get a babysitter.

Room Tip: Suite is architecturally delightful. It is located in the attic and has 360 degree views.
3 Thank Thomas N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamesport
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
The Duncan Inn
The Duncan Inn
#1 of 1 in Jamesport

Been to Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!