We have been going to JH for years now. We have seen it through the transitions from original owners, Chef Tom, Chef Keith and now with Chef Alex, and the several front-end regimes. With each new influence, some changes were apparent but everyone tries to make the place it's best.
Food: It use to be more rare to see food of this quality on the North Fork. That being said, the restaurant is a big draw for locals and visitors alike. Chef Alex is finding his voice so we'll see what happens. As it is, the menu is not as showy as under Schaudel nor as ethereal as under Luce. The current fare is far more accessible while maintaining its superior prep and quality. Vegetarian options could be improved. The fish is just outstanding. The wait staff continues to be uber-professional and knows the ins and outs of the menu.
The Inn: Still beautiful and the grounds are a real plus. Truly a one of a kind offering. In years past we had been greeted as regulars but not so now. It's a little more "corporate" (we miss the Christmas tree) but the staff did make sure we were well kept.
Bottom line: if you are looking for a high end B&B on the North Fork, this is it. Though there are others, none holds us like JH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the farms and the vineyards of the North Fork's wine country, Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant is a stunning historic property,known for its luxurious accommodations, genuine hospitality and exceptional food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jedediah Hawkins Inn And Restaurant
- Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant Hotel Jamesport