See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2015

Arrival experience was very poor. Waited over half an hour to be checked in while the lone night clerk was busy attending to a group of travelers checking in as a party and had issues because some of their party members had not shown up and rooms had to be cancelled and a cancellation fee had to be charged.

Would have much appreciated being taken care of immediately, since my check in eventually took under five minutes!! The clerk had no sense of priority. Staff appears to need better training. Breakfast items were very cold straight out of a freezer.

Hotel is OK for New York and proximity to JFK. Cannot go wrong for approximately $125 per night plus tax. Total will run around $150.

Room Tip: Choose lower floors so that you can use the stairs in case you need to get away in a hurry. They have a single small elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank MALAYAPPAN
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Located hotel and selected due to ratings and price value. There were 3 of us, two rooms. I went up to my room, walking past very noisy occupants next door. I waited for about 15 minutes, no change in commotion next door, way too loud for a hotel, 1115PM by the way. I called front desk and complained, waited another 15 minutes, no change. Packed up went down to front desk, demanded a change in rooms which they accommodated. While in that next room, several door slams woke me up during the night. Room was ok, comforter looked soiled, sheets, towels clean. In general not a good experience. The average rating was 4.1 on TA, I don't know how, I guess if you sleep through a lot of noise, might be ok.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from street, and hope you have quiet neighbors, pretty poor noise control in room design.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2015

Due to a flight cancellation, our flight to NYC arrived later than there were any options to take a train home for the night so my girlfriend and I just wanted someplace inexpensive and comfortable to crash for the night... arriving after 9pm, so we chose Comfort Inn JFK. It was pretty confusing because there are three Comfort Inns in Jamaica - this is the one with free shuttle service from the airport (note: from Federal Circle only... the shuttle does not pick up from the terminals, but the air train is free to there, so that's fine) and to the subway system (only two times in the morning). These were the reasons we chose it, and it cost $130 plus taxes.

As we were walking to our room we were concerned that we could hear TVs/conversations coming from others' rooms. But once we got into our room, we couldn't hear any other sounds except from the hall (so the doors are thin, but the walls are fine). The room was small but good enough. The bed was comfortable (which was probably our highest priority after traveling for 23 hours at that point. Our luggage was super-packed and we didn't want to open it, so it was convenient that they gave us toothbrushes and toothpaste. The toothbrushes were honestly awful, but good enough for the night. The bathroom was clean, though water pressure in the shower was super weak; but again - good enough for the night to just clean up a bit after the annoyances of traveling before bed. The elevator was super super slow. I wish there were stairs we could use... we could have gone to the room and back two times taking the stairs in the time it took the door to open from the time we hit the call button. The wifi was ok... but not great. A pretty steady 80KB/sec. The breakfast was ok, but not that great. I just had raisin bran and some fruit. My girlfriend made a waffle. There weren't too many choices. The cafeteria area was pretty small and cramped with only a few tables. But again - good enough.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2015

If you are looking for a price friendly Airport Hotel , this is a good choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel badly needs an upgrade. They provide the typical complimentary hotel breakfast.

Pros
Good airport hotel comparing the prices with other hotels around
Rooms are clean
Airport Shuttle is available
Staff is friendly and was very helpful
Easy checkout process

Cons
Too much furniture for the room and was cramping up space.
Furniture arrangement was so bad, I could hardly open the closet door
The bathroom was clean but outdated by about 20 years.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
comfortinnjfk, Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you were able to have a comfortable and inviting stay with us recently. We try to accommodate our guest as best as possible. Again, thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to having you stay with us when you are back in town!

Thank You!

Reviewed October 21, 2015

Typical airport hotel to spend there one night, a bit in a bad shape, some refurbishement could clearly help it. The breakfast was standard and the service not very helpful, I looked for adapter for EURopean plug-in, they were unable to help me.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
comfortinnjfk, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015