“shower water OVER the toilet!”

Comfort Inn JFK Airport
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Water rained from the above fan, needed a towel over my shoulders to use the toilet. Staff did nothing to correct the problem!
Most unfortunate, rooms are rather small also.
Really unfortunate since the location is right and they do have a shuttle to JFK which we did not use. Our NYC friends do tell us that the public transit into Manhattan is very convenient.

IF the staff were concerned this could be a nice "in transit" hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Filomene804
comfortinnjfk, Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. While your experience is not the norm at our hotel, and our Front Desk Staff, it is clear that your experience was not pleasant. Please contact me at gm.ny210@choicehotels.com so that I may address your concerns and also get more specifics so that we can learn from this and get better. Ken

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A good place for an overnight stay very close to JFK airport.
The accommodation is well presented and comfortable.
The airport pick up service is efficient and also provides a drop of service at a subway station for those wishing to travel into New York City.
A good self service breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinnjfk, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for the nice review I am sure others who read this will feel more comfortable about traveling/staying at Comfort Inn JFK !! I will pass your kind words to our staff members and shuttle driver who made your stay amazing! Again, we appreciate your comments and business! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month before the hurricane and a week after. The hotel was clean but the rooms were very small especially for the price. The staff was average. The hotel was set with a generator in case we lost power, luckily we never did even though most of long island did, I gues we were on JFKs power grid.
I wuld think about staying here again, but not really loving it.
It probably is better than normal in NY for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night stay upon our return from China. We had an early flight the next morning and wanted a hotel that was close and convenient. Called for the free hotel shuttle and waited for over an hour for it to arrive(keep in mind, we had just arrived from a 14 hour flight).Not the best start. when we checked in, we were given a room with one double bed. We had booked 2 double beds. Front desk clerk refused to give us a room with 2 dble beds without paying additional fee. He wanted $50.00 to upgrade. I refused and got out my confirmation letter to show him. He insisted it was for a double, meaning 2 people and not two beds! I finally agreed to pay $20.00. He wanted cash, which I did not have. He forced me to walk down the street in a very scary neighborhood, to an ATM located in a garage. There were many men working on cars in the bays, on the lot, on the street, you name it. They all stopped and stared when I walked up to the ATM. I was fearful, but got the cash and took it back. He gave us a new room. The room smelled very stuffy, was on street level on the busy street, but worst of all, the door did not lock. It looked like it had been kicked in. The front desk clerk refused to move us. We piled our luggage in front of the door. It was a horrible experience. Yes, it was close to the airport, the driver was very nice, but that it was it for the positive. I would highly recommend against this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid At all costs!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nanatbrdg
comfortinnjfk, General Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was close and convenient. They were quite busy and first sent me to a room already occupied. When I finally got my own room, it was quite clean and comfortable (the bed was very firm - I should have tried the other one.) the shuttle drivers were very nice and helpful. And the breakfast was quite good.

1  Thank Jenell B
comfortinnjfk, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate it. We're glad that your enjoyed our hotel & its amenities. I will be sure to pass your kind words to our staff and especially our housekeeping staff! We work very hard to keep out hotel clean and our service friendly shuttle driver. Whenever you are in JFK area, make sure to stay with us! Looking forward seeing you again!

Thank You!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very poor attitude, Rooms difficult to get in... So cramped, stuffed and difficult to get in. Poor cleanliness exhibited in almost every nook and cranny of the hotel, especially the room. There were cockroaches in the room with dirty towels hanging Nothing about this place is good. Room was too. Really tiny. Looks really cheap - sells expensive.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
comfortinnjfk, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write your thoughts on your stay! We appreciated the positive and the negative, it gives us change to improve! We sorry that you found the staff poor attitude and Rooms difficult to get in and its cleanness. I will make sure that i have a work with my staff with regard to the problems you experence at the hotel does not happen again. Thank you for your feed back and We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed 1 night at JFK as we had a late flight arriving into New York. As I am in a wheelchair, we required specific rooms to stay in. The wheelchair accessible rooms are located on the ground floor.. but the one we had was tiny. There was no way I could manouver the wheelchair around the room. I had to go in front ways and back out into the hall way. The bathroom was small and dangerous. When using the toilet, the wheelchair was in the door way, couldn't close the door. The shower was a roll-in... but the floor was dangerous when wet. As I said it was only for 1 night, so was a place to sleep. I wouldn't recommend any longer stays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
comfortinnjfk, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write your thoughts on your stay! We appreciated the positive and the negative, it gives us change to improve! We are sorry to hear that you found the room tiny and had some issue with the bathroom. We will look in to this and make improvements to accomodate your stay. Thank you.