“Great Location!!”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed in the Hilton JFK for a business trip and I actually enjoyed the hotel. I was in room 1105 which over looks the airport. The room was extremely large, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The only complaint I had is that the water was cut off by the city and when I called guest services to inquire the lady who answered the phone seemed to not even know that the water was off. As I continued to pry information from her she finally acknowledged that the city had advised that the water should be back on no later that 830a. Also the in room air conditioning system is very LOUD and actually work me out of my sleep a few times the first night I was there. My work around was to raise the room temp to 75* or lower it to 68* so the air would stay on/off respectively.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank msdanipi
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

"Thank you" for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and apologize for any inconveniences.
I hope you had a safe journey home and please keep us in mind next time your visiting the New York area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

There is no free wi fi unless you know your password ,name etc at Hilton honours. You cant look it up because you cant access the internet -catch 22

No free coffee like at other cheaper hotels like Holiday Inn express .They suggested we pay Starbucks .i loathe Starbucks.

Absolutely not better than the cheaper hotels and the driver got lost intone airport

Stay at holiday in express save $50 and use the free wi fi , drink their free coffee and eat their free breakfast

Room Tip: Stay so we here else
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SUGARTEAM

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I apologize for not meeting the "full value expectation" during your stay. I agree, there is a huge difference (and value) between a limited-service hotel (Holiday Inn Express) and a full-service hotel which is what makes the difference in the Hilton New York JFK. Although we offer complimentary coffee in all guestrooms there are other amenties that are complimentary...24 hour shuttle service to and from JFK, a state-of -the-art fitness center, uniformed security, etc.
Again, thank you for your comments and all the best for a safe Summer.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The front desk crew really had warm big smiles and a very warm big welcome. I'm not used to this level of friendliness in New York City, and it was wonderful! My preference for a view was granted, and anything I needed for information was readily provided.
My room was about in the middle of the hotel, overlooking the airport. Everything was functional and comfortable, especially the bed! Despite being so close to the airport, I never heard a thing from outside, including thunder, planes, or traffic. For an airport hotel, this one was very quiet even in the late night and early mornings when travelers might be arriving or departing.
The only negative was the extraordinarily loud AC unit, which I simply turned off. It was a bit warm, but not the end of the world. The noise has been reported by other guests and I'm hoping by my next visit the management will have done somethinig about this unfortunate piece of machinery.
I had the same cheerful and friendly greetings when I checked out as when I arrived, and at least the start of the vacation went very well at a very early hour of the morning.
I did not use the hotel's airport shuttle, having concerns about it being full or delayed, but rather had a private limo to the airport.
The area the hotel is located in doesn't look all that inviting to go for a walk, especially for those alone. If you need exercise, there is the hotel's fitness center.
I would definitely stay here again, and had a very good stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NewWorld2C
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your valued experience.
I'm pleased to know my Team exceeded your expectations and welcomed you with genuine New York City hospitality. I'm amazed as well how quiet the hotel is especially being located right next door to JFK.
Hopefully you had a safe flight home and again, my sincere "thank you".

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I was a guest at the JFK Hilton for nearly 100 nights this year. Being awayu from home so much is hard, and the Hilton and staff took the sting out of it. I always got a friendly hello from the front desk staff, and all other staff, no matter where in the hotel.

Two very different views are available. To the south is the vast expanse of JFK Airport in all its interesting glory. To the north you can view the daily rhythm of the Ozone Park neighborhood, and most if not all of Jamaica. Nearby Baisley Pond Park provides a lovely respite for a stroll or run.

The location is highly convenient if coming from or going to the airport.

The executive lounge is an easy way to begin and end the day. I only wish the happy hour adult beverage options were on par with their Hilton brethren around the world.

The bar and restaurant offer good service with a smile, and the food is quite good.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Kent B
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Kent,
Thank you for your valued loyality and sharing your 100 days experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and made your stay a warm / memorable one.
Hopefully we'll see you back in the future and all the best for a great Summer!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

As others have said, this local is a great location for flying out of JFK due to its proximity to the airport. I stayed for one night and it had some pluses but some pretty major negatives as well.
Starting with the good - room was very well appointed. Bed was comfortable and had a good desk as well as a couch for relaxing/watching the TV (46" with decent channel selection). The bathroom was ice, and although it was just a shower, it was a very nice, large stone shower (I am not a tub person so this was nice for me). Check-in was easy and quick, and being a Gold member I received a room on the 11th floor with access to the executive lounge on the 12th floor (which I thought was a plus, but see below). The staff was friendly and receptive as well.
Now on to the bad. First, we dropped off the rental car we had and requested the shuttle pick us up in the rental car area. The shuttle took almost 40 minutes to get us, and the hotel is 5 minutes away. The AM shuttle to the airport was much quicker, and it was full.
The "executive lounge" was a joke. Unlike other Hilton's were they have a full bar and great selection of cocktails and wine/beer, this had 3 lousy beer choices and 2 awful wines, and the appetizers were not good. On top of that, it supposedly opened at 6am, but when we went up at 6:15 to get coffee and breakfast, nothing was made, food or coffee. What a waste.
We had dinner in the restaurant, and it was just OK. We opted for a lighter meal of just a couple of appetizers and none made me say "wow", especially for the price ($12-15 each for apps)
Lastly, and worst, was the noise level in the room. As others have said, the A/C was VERY LOUD, and would kick on and off every 20-30 minutes, and woke me up no less than 6 times during the night. In addition, the room I had was directly below the "executive lounge" and we could hear every footstep until in closed the night before, and then all the moving furniture at 5:15 AM (I am guessing the cleaning crew). Thankfully we were on the city side, because I could tell the airport side of the hotel would be even louder (although maybe the planes would be drowned out by the A/C).

Although the room was nice, considering the negatives I probably wouldn't stay here next time I need a hotel around JFK.

Room Tip: Ask for the city side, make sure you avoid rooms below the executive lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C

Matt,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I appreciate the positive comments and welcome the feedback which is certainly invaluable to the success of the hotel. My apology for any inconveniences you encounter during your stay. My Engineering Team is in the process of adressing the HVAC motor speed, however, with or without the noise the hotel is 100% noise-free from the airport.
Hopefully you'll allow us another opportunity to be your "home away from home" .
Again, my genuine apology and "thank you" for your loyality.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have stayed here several times the night before a flight. It works-convenient via shuttle. This time we stayed 2 nights. They were unable to make change in dollars at the front desk. And they didn't have a copy of The New York (Sunday) Times available--at the store, in the lobby, outside, anywhere. The Daily News, yes. International guests coming to NY want the Times, not a tabloid. Seems like a basic request/expectation for a guest to come to NY and want the New York Times. Nothing says Sunday in New York like the Sunday Times. After several follow-up phone calls, and emails, and a several hour wait, they finally sent a bus driver to a store to pick one up. Good customer service shouldn't have to require all that effort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DrDaveMaui
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dr. Dave,
I received your voice message and appreciate the time taken to share your experience.
I'll be sure to have the Gift Shop add the New York Times to their daily delivery...certainly a good suggestion. Although, we offer complimentary copies of the Wall Street Journal and USA Today, having a local Sunday paper is certainly a good idea.
Again, thank you for the suggestion and your dedicated loyality to the Hilton family.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I always stay here the night before our flight. Great staff and good restaurant. Room is always clean and a decent size. Only a mile & 1/2 from airport. Large parking lot, they charge $18 per night but can be talked down if your planning a trip more then a few nights.They have a reliable shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank gforce70

Larry,
Thank you for the return visit and sharing your comments.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations once again and made your stay a memorable one.
Hope to see you back and all the best for a fantastic Summer!!!