“Great Stay-Park-Fly Hotel”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
“Great Stay-Park-Fly Hotel”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spent the night before an international flight, and parked the car for 8 nights. Excellent experience, some room for improvement in customer service but overall, such a high score for convenience and value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank 135sheilap
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hope you had a safe flight and enjoyed your time away.
Thank you for sharing your experience and my apology if we fell short of any expectations.
I'm pleased you enjoyed our Park & Fly package....certainly one of the best ways to plan a vacation...stay the night before to avoid traffic, keep your car at the hotel in our gated lot, then board our complimentary shuttle to your terminal of choice.
Again, "thank you" and please keep us in mind on your next trip!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Albany, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We checked in on a busy Friday night and even though both desk agents were busy, both of them welcomed me and said someone would be right with me within a few seconds of me walking up. Small point but a huge first impression. I appreciated it.

The room was impressively clean and up to date. I picked the hotel solely because it was within sight of our 5am destination... JFK, but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless and clearly recently updated.

There is a fee for parking...but you can get into the parking lot easily before check-in and bring the ticket to the front desk to add the parking fee to the room... very easy.

My only suggestion is they upgrade the HVAC fans to something quieter. I am not a light sleeper, but could see a light sleeper having an issue. When the heat kicked on it was louder than expected. Considering how up to date this hotel is I would not be surprised if some or all of the rooms already had this upgrade.

Overall a great hotel with an amazing staff... very impressed and if I ever have another early am JFK delivery I will not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave B
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dave,
Thank you for sharing the welcomed feedback.
Your comments are appreciated and will certainly be shared with the JFK Team.
I'm pleased we exceeded your expectations, however, I sincerely apologize for the noisey HVAC unit. My Engineering Team is in the process of addressing the issue and hopefully on your next visit you'll find it to be much quieter.
Hopefully Albany is warming up.....all the best from your friends at the Hilton New York JFK!!!
Toronto
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled from Buffalo NY to JFK where we were supposed to connect to an Emirates flight to Milan so Jet Blue set us up here. The hotel was comfortable, service was friendly, the dining room cuisine was just average but a bit pricey. I have stayed at other Hilton Hotels which I think might have been a little better, but this is an airport location so what can you expect? If you need to stay in a hotel close to JFK this isn't a bad choice but don't expect fabulous. It's a convenient place to sleep, take dinner and breakfast and catch a flight. By the way, breakfast is served as a buffet for about $18.00,

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you had a safe journey back to Toronto.
My Team and I value your feedback and I'm pleased to know we met your expectations. I certainly agree, the hotel has an excellent location and is considered to be in one of the "quiet zones" at JFK. I'm sorry you felt the hotel to be "just average", however, we strive to be the best in the market not only in accomondations but having some of the best Team Member talent in the hospitality industry.
Again, 'thank you" for the feedback and safe travels.
durham
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We checked in on Valentine's day 2014 to fly to Hawaii. We purchased the parking and hotel package at this hotel for the first time. When we arrived, Errol checked us in very quickly even though I had several questions about the parking situation. Errol even took the time to write out the instructions for picking up the van from JFK on our return so that I could refer to it once we returned in 10 days. We took the van early the next morning to JFK and the van driver left on time. On our return, we followed Errol's instructions and only had to wait a couple of minutes for the van driver to arrive at the pick up area when we returned. Everything went so smoothly that I would stay at the Hilton again when flying out of JFK.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bethct62
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Beth,
Thank you for the valued feedback and I hope you enjoyed Hawaii
I'm pleased to know the Hilton JFK exceeded your expectations and one of my dedicated Team Members made a lasting impression. Staying over the night before your flight was certainly a wise decision since early morning traffic is so unpredictable.
Looking forward to seeing you back on your next trip out of JFK.
Ghent, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am currently staying in your hotel for an extended period of time due to work. Brian and Karyn are both amazing bartenders and it is a pleasure to eat and drink while they are working. Fast service and always very pleasant no matter how slow or busy it may be at times. They deserve a huge thank you for everything they do.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Zach M
Zach,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased to know Karyn and Brian made your bar experience memorable and amazing!!!They are just a few of the JFK Team Members that are dedicated in making our guest feel at home. Our goal is to focus on quality and service while having fun......in which you did.
Looking forward to having you back soon!!!
Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I chose the JFK Hilton for the location. I had an early flight the next day. And very rarely do I comment on "hotel" food. But this Hilton was great. I had some of the best chicken soup I've ever had and the salmon was really nice. So if you happen to need stay here, you don't have to venture out to find a great meal. And Dana the bartender is the best!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank USShredder
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
My Team and I appreciate the valued feedback!!!
I'm glad we were able to convince you that not all "hotel" dining is mediocre. I can proudly say, the Hilton JFK Culinary Team is dedicated and focused on exceeding the taste buds of all guest. I'm pleased Dana was one of many Team Members that made your visit enjoyable and memorable.
"Thank you" and safe travels.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my 50th stay at this location. There was a fruit plate and a bottle of wine in my room. I was suprised and felt valued as a frequent guest! Luis and Ali always greet me by name at the front desk and Dana and Margery make the resturant/bar home away from home. Rooms are great, the staff makes this a place to visit and stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cyrus N
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Cyrus,
I'm pleased to know the Hilton JFK Team went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. Our primary goal is to make sure all guest feel welcomed and special occassions are celebrated...such as your 50th stay!!!
My Team and I truely appreciate the dedicated loyality and "thank you" for choosing our hotel.
Your business is certainly valued and looking forward to your 100th stay!!!