“The BEST hotel in the country!”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As a flight attendant for a major airline, I've stayed in hundreds and hundreds of hotels in over 16 years of flying all over this country. The Hilton New York JFK Airport property has everything. Great CLEAN and spacious rooms, wonderful food and staff in the resturant/lounge, not to mention Starbuck's coffee ready for you in the lobby. From the moment you enter the beautiful lobby, you'll be greeted with a smiling face and warm greeting. If you need a place to call "home", their entire staff will make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: I've stayed at this hotel at least 25 - 30 times, all my rooms have been comfortable and quiet...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

WOW, as the General Manager of the Hilton JFK I couldn't ask for a better review.
First, I appreciate your loyality to the hotel and value the genuine feedback.
Knowing my Team Members can consistently deliver the values of hospitality is the ultimate compliment.
Please except my sincere "thank you" and all the best for a joyous and safe holiday season!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay here on business quite often. The staff is generally helpful and friendly. The rooms are quiet and large enough for 1 or 2 people. Once it was noisy outside my room and the staff handled it. The food is decent, there isn't much else around the neighborhood if you don't have a car. The shuttle runs to the terminals, plan for extra time since JFK has so many stops.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tyler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback.
I'm truly pleased to know my Team exceeded your expecations.
Please keep us in mind on your next visit to the JFK area.
Best wishes for a warm holiday season!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was invited to meet up with a great friend after work since she always talks about good food and service. She was so right the food and service is always perfect Dana the bartender is always attentive and makes you feel like your special. When I ask her opinion on the dish she is honest and I am satisfied with the meal likewise with my girlfriend that suggested this place. You can make a great dish but it is the service that must sell it to profit and thanks for perfect service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Helena,
WOW, what great comments.
I'm glad Dana and Culinary Team exceeded your expectations. Your valued feedback will certainly be shared with all and I personally say "thank you".
Please ask for me and say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We missed a flight out of JFK and were delayed for 24hrs. Spent the time here and had a wonderful time. The people were great - every one of them. Friendly, helpful and generous. Front desk,restaurant, custodians all had smiles on their face and welcoming banter. Didn't use rem but the fitness and business centers looked useful. Free coffee all day and cookies in the evening. Highly recommended if you need a place to stay near JFK

Stayed: November 2013

Jake,
Sorry to hear that your missed your flight but happy to know you choose the Hilton JFK to be your 24 hour "home away from home". I'm extremely pleased to know my Team made your stay a memorable one and delivered the true spirit of hospitality. As the General Manager I couldn't ask for a better staff of dedicated Team Members.
Hope you made it home safe and hopefully you'll keep us in mind on your next visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We are always worried about "overnight" hotels but we found this Hilton to be very good. Reception, service in the bar/restaurant, and the food could not be bettered although prices were typical NY.
The large bedroom looked newly decorated and the usual lovely Hilton bed and amenities were to hand..
I echo some previous reviews...the a/c fan on heat was very noisy.
The airtrain from T7 was two stops away from the hotel shuttle pickup. We only had to wait about ten minutes for the shuttle (which runs every half hour through 24 hours). The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half past the hour.

Room Tip: If possible, inspect your room and listen to the air conditioning fan...there might be some quiet on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I agree, the hotel has an excellent location and certainly convenient to the airport. I"m glad to know we met your expecations and made your stay a memorable visit. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and hopefully we'll see you back in the future.
All the best for a joyous holiday season from the Hilton JFK Team!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Currently at the Hilton JFK for one night. Would not stay again. Heat did not work in room. First call they tried to reset it. Second call no response until I called for a 3rd time and they decided to move us. Heat in any room exceptionally loud. I am a Hilton Gold member and a Marriott Platinum member and travel a great deal. Worst noise level I have ever had. Also customer service through this issue not great. Executive lounge has nice staff but cocktail hour very little there so I would not bother. I would try elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please except my sincere apology for the heating issue. Your comments are invaluable in assisting the hotel to address issues for future improvement.
Hopefully you'll allow the Hilton JFK another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Again, "thank you" and my genuine apology.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night for which the hotel was fine and would stay there again. The staff upon arrival were friendly and checked us in promptly. The room was large and the bed was comfy so we had a good nights sleep. In the morning we had breakfast in bed which was very tasty.

The only negative point was waiting for the shuttle bus when we arrived at JKF, it was late in the evening and very cold with no sign of the bus. There were a number of people waiting and after a 20 minutes the bus finally arrived.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for the valued feedback.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay, however the shuttle runs every 30 minutes which is fairly common for most airport hotels. Going forward, I will certainly evaluate the demand and consider any opportunity to improve our service.
My Team and I "thank you" for choosing the Hilton JFK and hope to see you back in the near future.
All the best for a safe holiday!!!