“Supervisor”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Best stay ever...ever person I came into contact with treated me like family. ..I come to the hilton when I am in NY...housekeeping is attentive to your needs...the front desk is very friendly. ..I just want to say I enjoyed my stay.............................

..............................

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience!
My Team and I are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations.
Looking forward to your safe return soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The JFK Hilton is fine for a night, convenient and easy to stay in, but overpriced for anything longer. Hotel/airport transfer service is slightly awkward: if you don't have the phone number you just have to wait for a shuttle to turn up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I agree, the hotel has an excellent location, superior food & beverage options and ample parking. I appreciate the shuttle service feedback and will certainly evaluate the issue for future improvement.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New York JFK.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I really enjoy going after work to the Hilton JFK with some friends for either lunch or just a drink. The bartender Dana is amazing I love her passion for work and displays attentiveness. Dana is a gem and is perfect in this industry. I look forward going there instead of trying new locations for lunch. The food is amazing love the pot stickers but nothing beats the excellent personality and sevice from Dana.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I'm sincerely glad to know one of my most valued Team Members made your visit a memorable one. Looking forward to seeing you back and please bring along a few friends.
Again, my genuine "thank you".

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are what you expect of a Hilton so no real problems there. Breakfast however is like a budget hotel with very limited choice and availability. Service is also poor. If you need to stay near JFK and expect to eat at the hotel I think I'd try somewhere else

• Stayed: November 2013
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing the valued feedback.
I apologize if our breakfast offering wasn't up to par, however I'm not sure if you visited the Full Breakfast Buffet or the Express Breakfast located in our lobby. Whichever, I'll be sure to share your comments which can only assist in improving our breakfast operation in the future.
Again, thank you for the feedback and for choosing the Hilton JFK.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A surprisingly good and very convenient hotel airport. We were pleased to see that the rooms were large and had been recently refurbished. Good beds, pillows, bedding. Free prompt shuttle service pick up from JFK. And a quiet room as well. You cannot go wrong with this place. It is another example of why I look for Hilton properties on my travels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Wow...what lovely feedback.
I'm glad to know we exceeded your expecations and you noticed the commitment Hilton has in their product. The hotel recently completed a full "top to bottom" renovation and is dedicated in delivering all aspects of genuine hospitality.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New York JFK!!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Booked this hotel due to a delayed flight with early departure and it felt like the best in the area around JFK airport. The hotel is situated very close to the airport and provides free airport shuttle service every 30 min which was very convenient.
The hotel was clean but worn-down and in need of renovation. Nice comfortable bed but very noisy room - you could hear every word from the neighbour!
Ok stay for one night if needed but not more than so.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Virrvarr,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.
I appreciate the fine comments and glad to know you enjoyed the complimentary (24 hours) shuttle service. I'm just a little confused regarding the "condition" comments since the hotel recently completed a $20M renovation in 2012 (please note the photos posted on TripAdvisor)
Again, " thank you" and looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I arrived with my three children alone in the airport after a very long flight, I called the hotel and spoke to someone regarding shuttle service from JFK to the Hilton and was told I had to go to federal circle. I completely understand that is the hotel or port authority policy as I was told but I also explained to the operator that I had three small children with me, 5 luggage cases and must I add a stroller and the taxi line was way to long and my children were being very impatient at this point. My husband called the hotel before we arrived and was told that it wouldn't have been a problem. The operator did not budge at all to help me and as a Hilton Diamond member it was very insulting, I asked to speak with a manager I was told that he wasn't available. The staff from emirates actually had port authority bring me to the hotel, Im not one to complain at all. We checked in after mid night went to the room there wasn't any soap, tissue for the bathroom and one towel, I called down stairs a nice lady answered she did apologize and offered to move my room I explained everything that I was tired the children was sleep she sent someone upstairs he was very pleasant. The next morning due to the time difference my children couldn't sleep I went to the lobby to walk around and find out about the shuttle I spoke with Tiara at the front desk gave the children coloring books helped me a lot she listened and was very apologetic from the issue from the night before and offered to pay for a taxi back to the hotel but the driver Steve offered to take me back to the airport and help with my luggage he was very nice they made me feel so much more comfortable because what happened that evening before was very unacceptable and I will speak to Hilton regarding this but overall the hotel itself wasn't bad

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family