“Close to the airport and clean but that's about it”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Sweden
“Close to the airport and clean but that's about it”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Booked this hotel due to a delayed flight with early departure and it felt like the best in the area around JFK airport. The hotel is situated very close to the airport and provides free airport shuttle service every 30 min which was very convenient.
The hotel was clean but worn-down and in need of renovation. Nice comfortable bed but very noisy room - you could hear every word from the neighbour!
Ok stay for one night if needed but not more than so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Virrvarr,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.
I appreciate the fine comments and glad to know you enjoyed the complimentary (24 hours) shuttle service. I'm just a little confused regarding the "condition" comments since the hotel recently completed a $20M renovation in 2012 (please note the photos posted on TripAdvisor)
Again, " thank you" and looking forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I arrived with my three children alone in the airport after a very long flight, I called the hotel and spoke to someone regarding shuttle service from JFK to the Hilton and was told I had to go to federal circle. I completely understand that is the hotel or port authority policy as I was told but I also explained to the operator that I had three small children with me, 5 luggage cases and must I add a stroller and the taxi line was way to long and my children were being very impatient at this point. My husband called the hotel before we arrived and was told that it wouldn't have been a problem. The operator did not budge at all to help me and as a Hilton Diamond member it was very insulting, I asked to speak with a manager I was told that he wasn't available. The staff from emirates actually had port authority bring me to the hotel, Im not one to complain at all. We checked in after mid night went to the room there wasn't any soap, tissue for the bathroom and one towel, I called down stairs a nice lady answered she did apologize and offered to move my room I explained everything that I was tired the children was sleep she sent someone upstairs he was very pleasant. The next morning due to the time difference my children couldn't sleep I went to the lobby to walk around and find out about the shuttle I spoke with Tiara at the front desk gave the children coloring books helped me a lot she listened and was very apologetic from the issue from the night before and offered to pay for a taxi back to the hotel but the driver Steve offered to take me back to the airport and help with my luggage he was very nice they made me feel so much more comfortable because what happened that evening before was very unacceptable and I will speak to Hilton regarding this but overall the hotel itself wasn't bad

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I would recommend this hotel if your business takes you to the JFK area- also it is easy to take the shuttle to the air train and transfer at Jamaica station and connect downtown (Penn Station) for $12. Much quicker than fighting the traffic in a taxi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

David,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I agree, the hotel has an excellent location to all business in and around JFK. Glad to know you took advantage of the mass transient system (not far from the hotel) versus dealing with the occasional traffic.
My Team and I sincerely "thank you" for choosing the Hilton New York JFK and looking forward to your return visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton JFK on the eve of our vacation. I messed up our reservations, but Sheryl at the desk resolved my issues with a smile. It was an attitude carried by all the staff. Yaan, and all of waiter at the restaurant, were friendly and funny, making a long drive worth it. Well worth a visit and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad to know the hotel exceeded your expectations and my Team Members made a memorable impression.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton JFK and looking forward to your return visit.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great hotel near JFK. Bar and meal service very good. Bed comfortable with good pillows. Coffee maker in room. WiFi available for a fee. Above average Hilton hotel in my opinion.
Downside was shuttle. Called twice for pickup. The Hilton Garden Inn bus passed by 3 times before Hilton bus arrived.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad to know the hotel met your expecations and hopefully my Team made your stay a memorable visit.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay.....your feedback is appreciated.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Limited vegetarian options but great flavor for in room dining. The breakfast had many options but the quality was poor. Lousy coffee, hot food not hot and the bakery items were very dry. The staff were lovely and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a great size for our family of 3. Hotel shuttle from JFK took forever to get to the hotel but drop off the next morning was quick and right to the departure check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Whitesboro, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

overall experience was very good on each of my stays. The hotel is convenient to the airport and is safe and secure. The bar has a nice selection and if you are a Hilton Honors member with access to the executive lounge it is one of the best I have been in as far as service is concerned, the style is not the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business