“Great Staff”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton JFK on the eve of our vacation. I messed up our reservations, but Sheryl at the desk resolved my issues with a smile. It was an attitude carried by all the staff. Yaan, and all of waiter at the restaurant, were friendly and funny, making a long drive worth it. Well worth a visit and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad to know the hotel exceeded your expectations and my Team Members made a memorable impression.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton JFK and looking forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great hotel near JFK. Bar and meal service very good. Bed comfortable with good pillows. Coffee maker in room. WiFi available for a fee. Above average Hilton hotel in my opinion.
Downside was shuttle. Called twice for pickup. The Hilton Garden Inn bus passed by 3 times before Hilton bus arrived.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad to know the hotel met your expecations and hopefully my Team made your stay a memorable visit.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay.....your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Limited vegetarian options but great flavor for in room dining. The breakfast had many options but the quality was poor. Lousy coffee, hot food not hot and the bakery items were very dry. The staff were lovely and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a great size for our family of 3. Hotel shuttle from JFK took forever to get to the hotel but drop off the next morning was quick and right to the departure check-in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

overall experience was very good on each of my stays. The hotel is convenient to the airport and is safe and secure. The bar has a nice selection and if you are a Hilton Honors member with access to the executive lounge it is one of the best I have been in as far as service is concerned, the style is not the best.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I used this hotel as needed close to the airport.
Nice hotel, but good only for those who will soon use JFK.
restaurants are not located nearby. Only at the hotel
Far away from all the attractions. Has a shuttle to the airport)

Room Tip: if you need to be close to the airport
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spent one night at Hilton JFK Hotel on 10/02/2013 due to a very early morning flight the next day.

To my fellow NewYorkers - take the Q40 which will stop across from the hotel (last stop) (instead of spending $5 for the AirTrain and $2.50 for the subway). I did not know about that stop so I took the AirTrain. Look that information up at mta.info. You will need the E train to Sutphin/Archer/Airport Station.

I got to the airport (Federal Circle Station) and called the Hotel to send me the shuttle which it immediately did. The driver was very courteous.

Checked in and the clerk was very nice. Received information as to breakfast, dinner, and shuttle service. The restaurant is very expensive but the pizza and mashed potatoes were very good.

The room was very clean although it was a double room which I dislike due to space - - but it was a smoking room so it was perfect after all. The a/c blower was very loud and annoying.

The closet door was locked but I reported it at check-out. For only one night it did not matter to me.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first thought that I would not write this, but even after a month I just had to come back.

We travelled with two small kids, flight was 2,5 hrs late so our mood was probably not the best one, but still:

1. The front desk staff was just strange. The lady made almost no eye contact with me. I had to ask when breakfast is served and at what hour the shuttle bus leaves.

2. There was no bottled water in the room, which I found a little strange especially when the mini bar was empty. I don't want to give NYC tap water to my small kids. I learned that the mini bars are only filled in the "executive rooms".

3. We got to our rooms at midnight and we were starving. According to the guide in the room there would be some sandwich and snacks available at the front desk during the night (12-5 am, or something like that). Great! So I call the front desk only to find that all the food has been "sold out". We were offered a menu to a close by pizza place but decided not to order anything.

4. The breakfast was open until 11am and we arrived at 10:45. The breakfast was OK (although supply was very small) and the guy serving us was nice. Something really strange happened by the buffet tables. We caught two waiters discussing about a person who was obese and who had his teeth pulled out due to the obesity. I couldn't believe I was hearing this at a Hilton hotel and next to the place where I'm eating. I thought I was never gonna write about this but I just had to.

Bottom line is: it felt like almost everything was wrong during our visit. The big picture was fine: the room was clean and the bed was nice. The details were out of place and due to that, I don't think I'll return. Unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family