“Hilton JFK”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Moscow, Russia
“Hilton JFK”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I used this hotel as needed close to the airport.
Nice hotel, but good only for those who will soon use JFK.
restaurants are not located nearby. Only at the hotel
Far away from all the attractions. Has a shuttle to the airport)

Room Tip: if you need to be close to the airport
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spent one night at Hilton JFK Hotel on 10/02/2013 due to a very early morning flight the next day.

To my fellow NewYorkers - take the Q40 which will stop across from the hotel (last stop) (instead of spending $5 for the AirTrain and $2.50 for the subway). I did not know about that stop so I took the AirTrain. Look that information up at mta.info. You will need the E train to Sutphin/Archer/Airport Station.

I got to the airport (Federal Circle Station) and called the Hotel to send me the shuttle which it immediately did. The driver was very courteous.

Checked in and the clerk was very nice. Received information as to breakfast, dinner, and shuttle service. The restaurant is very expensive but the pizza and mashed potatoes were very good.

The room was very clean although it was a double room which I dislike due to space - - but it was a smoking room so it was perfect after all. The a/c blower was very loud and annoying.

The closet door was locked but I reported it at check-out. For only one night it did not matter to me.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first thought that I would not write this, but even after a month I just had to come back.

We travelled with two small kids, flight was 2,5 hrs late so our mood was probably not the best one, but still:

1. The front desk staff was just strange. The lady made almost no eye contact with me. I had to ask when breakfast is served and at what hour the shuttle bus leaves.

2. There was no bottled water in the room, which I found a little strange especially when the mini bar was empty. I don't want to give NYC tap water to my small kids. I learned that the mini bars are only filled in the "executive rooms".

3. We got to our rooms at midnight and we were starving. According to the guide in the room there would be some sandwich and snacks available at the front desk during the night (12-5 am, or something like that). Great! So I call the front desk only to find that all the food has been "sold out". We were offered a menu to a close by pizza place but decided not to order anything.

4. The breakfast was open until 11am and we arrived at 10:45. The breakfast was OK (although supply was very small) and the guy serving us was nice. Something really strange happened by the buffet tables. We caught two waiters discussing about a person who was obese and who had his teeth pulled out due to the obesity. I couldn't believe I was hearing this at a Hilton hotel and next to the place where I'm eating. I thought I was never gonna write about this but I just had to.

Bottom line is: it felt like almost everything was wrong during our visit. The big picture was fine: the room was clean and the bed was nice. The details were out of place and due to that, I don't think I'll return. Unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Arrived after a long light, excellent welcome - room was an average bulk standard Hilton. Given great advise from the check in desk the following morning (directions to Manhattan) - as the air train was non operational.
The executive lounge breakfast was above average - the staff outstanding.
Ah the pool - yes indeed - nice pool, very poorly managed. The pool should be for for the customers, sorry if it is inconvenient for the attendants - who on sequential days all seemed to be studying and eating their lunches - and opening external doors with very high winds blowing - very poor indeed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Disappointed that management could not have staff for executive lounge and the room changed from e checkin and when I got there Ended up on lower floor with noise all night On the good side. Dana at the bar was excellent and the location and shuttle are great for airport. Those would be the only reason to stay there again. Everything else was just a hotel. And managements response both on site and email were lacking at best.

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Close to airport, excellent shuttle service. Staff was very good at the bar, breakfast, and clean room. Excellent lobby for meeting others without any hassles. Bar has seven TVS, so, everyone can view their personal choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our third visit to this hotel. We use this hotel when we have an early flight out at JFK. All of our stays have been pleasant, however, this one fell short of our expectation.
As usual, check in is very fast, and after a few signatures and a presentation of a snack, you are in your room within minutes.

I have read many reviews about the loud HVAC system, and prior to this visit have never experienced it. I will have to concur, the blower is loud! It kept me up for the few hours that I had to sleep. (we settled in at 10:30 pm only to have to get up at 1:30am) It felt like a total waste of my Hilton points. Also we requested a wakeup call and didn't receive one. Set your own alarms -do not depend on the staff to contact you.

We were offered an upgrade to the executive floor and did enjoy the club that evening for a snack. It is a nice place to visit - a bit on the homey side.

The transfer to/from the airport via shuttle was seamless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple