“Great layover in New York”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
seattle, United States
“Great layover in New York”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was the 4th of July and the accommodations were wonderful. My nephew was impressed by the services and the view from the hotel of New York. We are looking forward to visiting again. It a must stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Hezekiah O:
Your family deserved to have a great Fourth of July, and i'm glad to see Hilton New York JFK was able to offer that! Thank you for visiting and offering your insights.

We are so glad you had a great time with us. For your next visit to New York-JFK, we hope you will make Hilton New York JFK your hotel of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We routinely stay here "Park & Fly" both before and after international flights from/to JFK. The hotel has only recently affiliated with Hilton and was upgraded & renovated for the switch. Rooms are very nice, wife just LOVES the bed & covers. Bathrooms are newly renovated, shower-only. There is a refrigerator and a good little coffee maker (Cuisinart, not just the cheapest generic they could find at Walmart)

Negatives about the rooms: the A/C system is LOUD when it kicks on. This is pretty much the only thing about the room that isn't up to standard. Also, the door-less shower, while high-style, can easily splash water out onto the floor.

The restaurant has excellent food and service. There is also a sandwich & coffee counter in the lobby. There is a business center to print your boarding passes. Most of the business is airport-related with a lot of aircrew staying there. Thus the hotel really is a 24-hour operation, but is reasonably quiet on the upper floors. (Not all services like shops & restaurants are open 24.) Surprisingly to me, they also appear to do a significant amount of meeting & event business, often family and/or ethnic events.

Shuttle service to the JFK terminals is frequent and professional. Coming back is a bit of a PITA but that is on JFK not the hotel. The hotel shuttle isn't allowed to pick up at the terminals. Arriving passengers have to take the (free) airport train to the Federal Circle bus terminal. This is for ALL hotel shuttles, not just Hilton. The hotel is actually right across the highway from JFK's cargo area, you can see the cargo planes parked there. But not like you can just walk across the street!

We have stayed at the JFK Hilton several times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exceptional999
sohar
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Overall, we had a very good experience. We used the pool upon arrival and that helped our girls (5 and 7) stay occupied. The air conditioning was loud, but we got used to it over the course of the night. We had a cabinet door fall off its hinges, but the manager made up for it with a $50 credit which was appreciated. We wish the hotel pool would have been open prior to 3 in the afternoon (We would have loved to use if after breakfast) Overall a good airport for a travelling family. Shuttle prompt and easily found.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a canceled flight out of JFK and wanted a good nights sleep . I was able to get Hilton because if diamond status . It was a busy night there and the staff was just as pleasant as can be. My room was a room with a/c issues . But after I called they sent maintenance up and he fixes it in 10 min. And speaking if a/c their shuttle vans to airport dont like turning it on . The executive lounge is ok but the place was busy and crowded. Overall the place is worth it, close to airport self contained, good gym ,good food . I will stay there again !

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tartutic
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel is located close to JFK in fact if you are lucky you might have a room overlooking runway 13L. Rooms were very modern, clean and comfortable. Great location if you have a short stop over prior to next departure. The Hilton has a shuttle bus operating between the airport and the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking runway 13L if that is your thing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew B
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I travel for business and accidently left my wallet at home. Thank God I had my license with me and another credit card for ID. My credit card cut me off because of suspicious purchases I made due to being out of town. I had no cash on me and no way to pay for anything. I called home and got my numbers for other cards I had that were good. The restaurant manager, Duane Seaton was fantastic with me and ran the numbers from my other card (which they normally don't do) so I was able to get dinner that night. I am also a Hilton Honors member so that helped too. I was a bit upset and Duane kept saying, "Don't worry! We'll make sure everything works out! Anything can be fixed." He was so kind and professional about the whole thing. He gave me Above and Beyond service exceeding my expectations. I am a customer for life! Also, Dana , the Bartender is exceptional at what she does too. What a friendly, hospitable group this hotel has!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great Hotel. Nice and friendly staff, good service. Breakfast was great, simply delicious. Also I forgot my jewelry at the hotel and they found it and where willing to send it to my address... Honesty is a value that they showed...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business