“Not as Hilton as it should be”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room and furnishings were fairly comfortable but the a/c was extremely loud and I was told the entire hotel had the same noise issue in every room. VERY DISAPPOINTED, considering the price I paid for the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Khalid A
There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Indians beware, you are not welcome at this hotel! We were booked for 5 nights and the room was paid for before. Inspite of this, after travelling for 24 hours we had to wait for 40 minutes for the lady to 'check if our names were indeed there'. This was even after the tour operator had confirmed that she had spoken to the hotel.
My son and I just kept standing with our bags, we were not offered a place to sit, a drink or even a smile! Other guests waiting to check in were invited by the two peersons at the check in counter to come forward, and greeted warmly. We on the other hand, were ignored outright. Again I must add the room was already paid for. My advice to this particulare Hilton - Please indicate upfront that you do not want certain races or nationalities at your premises, will save both sides a lot of trouble.
The only person who was warm and welcoming was the girl at the gift shop counter!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kinimom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Many people are claiming the Hampton Inn next door is the better value, but the fact that so many people are using that hotel means that it can be overbooked. I booked a room there and when I arrived all they had were smoking rooms, which after a day on a plane is the last thing you want for your dry respiratory system. So I switched to the Hilton next door, and while yeah it is expensive, it was better than the Hampton for my purposes. I got an upgraded room that was quite clean, with new-looking carpet and updated furniture. I was also given a free internet code. The clerk at the desk was extremely courteous. I noticed the loud air system but it sounded only like white noise in my room and didn't bother my sleep. While I avoid layovers at JFK generally speaking, if I have to do it again I'll pick the Hilton JFK.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel for only one night because of the canceled flight. The morning we left the hotel I forgot my diamond wedding band, diamond right hand ring, diamond earrings, and a necklace in a glass next to the TV. I realized that I'm missing all the items as soon as we arrived at the JFK, literally 40 minutes after we left the hotel. My husband wanted to drive back to the hotel to get the items but there were a lot of people waiting for a taxi and he would have missed our flight. So, I called the hotel and spoke to the front desk clerk about getting the items and mailing them to me. Shortly after that conversation I received a call back from her confirming that she has my jewelry. She asked for my contact and credit card information and promised she will mail the items that afternoon. Couple of days later when my items did not arrive I contacted the hotel and spoke with a supervisor of housekeeping (lost & found) and hotel manager who knew NOTHING about this incident. I kept calling each day to find out what happened to my jewelry but I kept getting 'we don't have any updates for you'. I had already filed a FORMAL COMPLAINT with the Hilton Corp and filing a POLICE REPORT with the NYC.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elena S
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to all visitors to NYC . It's easy to get to the city by Q40 bus and then e train to manhattan . Staff are courteous and friendly. Dana, the bartender , was very welcoming and highly efficient. She and her colleague Karen were very good to me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place costs an arm and a leg for people who reserve at the last minute...and who in their right mind would possibly plan in advance to stay at a hotel at Kennedy Airport? However, a high price is not such a bad thing. It probably means there is good last-minute availability of rooms most of the time. It's not even that close to Kennedy -- we paid a gypsy cab $20+tip to get there. (The gypsy cab drivers will accost you at the terminal. Kennedy's legit cab lines are long, so they are an alternative but make sure you have a total meeting of the minds on what the fare will be, before you get in the cab.)

The food and rooms were adequate. The bedding was a bit sparse but the rooms were quiet, which is of paramount importance when you're near an airport. The service was slow both at dinner and to get an extra blanket (25 minutes). For $249/night I would have expected more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OOBonomist
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The reason i stayed in this hotel is due to its location. We landed into NY after a very long flight and stayed in the hotel for less than 12 hrs. The charge was very high where we booked two rooms with a request to have a connected rooms, which we did not have as they said they had a full occupancy issue. The room was alright clean and comfortable. The good thing that the hotel have a free shuttle-service that will take you to your terminal for freer. The shuttle moves in every 30mins.

• Stayed: June 2013