“Very Pleased.”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding close by and decide to stay overnight rather then drive back home to New Jersey, we were not disappointed. Staff was great and very helpful. Rooms were extremely clean. The beds were big and comfortable. We were very pleased with are stay and would stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Thomas A,

We are truly glad that you were "Very pleased" with your stay and experience and glad that you chose us after your special event. We trust that we will see you again soon.

Best,
Gerald Loughran - Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great hotel outstanding location had lots of fun looking at the planes taking off and landing. Outstanding staff who would go above and beyond to make my stay a success. I will come again and will recommend the Hilton at all times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joseph B,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff. We appreciate your business and your time.

Gerald Loughran - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked the hotel on Hilton points (we are gold) and were only going to be there for 1 night (during a stopover) so we didn't set our expectations too high but now I wish we would have stayed for longer! The shuttle from the airport was convenient and fast, the manager at check in was a delight to speak with, the room was big, clean and had some extra treats for us. All in all it was a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keem27
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Keem 27,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us. I noticed you have completed the Tripadvisor survey, thank you these surveys are very helpful to us and allows us as a business to continue to grow.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind survey. It truly means a lot to us and our team to know we got it right. I will be sharing your survey with our entire team.

In today’s market we do realize you have many choices we do hope in the future we have the opportunity to serve you and your family once again. Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
Gerald Loughran

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I can't really speak to the check-in process or the rooms, since I stayed next door at the Hampton Inn. This review is mostly for the restaurant/bar.

We arrived late on a Thursday night and walked across to the Hilton in Search of a few beers and a light evening meal. The food was excellent (Order the chips with the melted blue cheese! - Thank me later!). There was plenty of choice, with healthy and vegetarian options. Dana, the bartender, was really outstanding. We walked out feeling like locals, which is rare at an airport hotel bar! While we were there, one of the managers, Gerald, stopped by to check in on us. It really seems like they care about looking after their customers. If the rest of this hotel is up to this standard, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anna D:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having dinner at 144 restaurant. I noticed you have completed the Tripadvisor survey.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind words regarding Dana. She is a wonderful bartender and does a great job. It truly means a lot to us and our team to know we got it right.

In today’s market we do realize you have many choices we do hope in the future you will have the opportunity to stay with us and truely experience our service and committment to our craft.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ran our very first business course from the Hampton Inn - JFK .. the entire hotel staff were first class in making our day a great success. I would certainly recommend this hotel for your business needs but also for its friendly nature and convenient location to JFK We will be using the Hampton Inn again in the future. Thank you all ...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived very close to midnight and were told that our Hotels.com reservation was not recorded in the Hilton database. The front desk did call Hotels.com and the reservation was acknowledged, but that Hotels.com cannot send the reservation because their system was down. The hotel front desk refused to give us the room until Hotels.com system was back up. After much negotiation, the front desk was willing to take my credit card and charge me for the room which I had already paid for at Hotels.com. After a long discussion, they stated that they would reverse the charges on my credit card once they received the reservation from Hotels.com. Unfortunately, we did not get to our room until 2:00 AM. They made us wait in the lobby all this time because of a system glitch which was confirmed and acknowledged. We were exhausted, angry, and totally at the mercy of incompetent staff that did not know what to do in such a situation. Given that they had verbal acknowledgement, it is only courteous that they do the right thing and give us a key. Also, there was no manager that I was able to talk to during that time. I also noticed other irate guests at the front desk so I believe this to be an endemic problem with this hotel. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Europeben

Dear EuropeBen,

On the night in question for your reservation, the entire JFK hotel market was Sold out and we were already oversold by 14 rooms when hotels.com tried to force the reservation through. When they couldn't book it in their system (because we were already sold out) they sent a fax to try to get someone to put it through. I am truly sorry that you were on the receiving end of their mix-up, but please understand that we did nothing wrong in this very difficult situation.

Gerald Loughran

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel was very nice. Room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Customer service was excellent. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is near airport. Highly recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay near the airport!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tammy M;

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us. I noticed you have completed the Tripadvisor survey, thank you these surveys are very helpful to us.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind survey. It truly means a lot to us and our team to know we got it right. I will pass along your kind words regarding our breakfast to the entire team.

Best regards,