“Worked out Great”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Hilton at Jamaica provided me with an exceptional and pleasant stay during my time in New York. I had no issues with the reception and accommodations. The hotel itself was very clean, including both the rooms and lobby areas. I forgot some toiletries but the reception desk was kind of enough to supply me with everything I needed. While I have experienced many problems with the various hotels I have stayed at over the course of my travels, I have to say that this Hilton was among the best and that I will definitely be sure to book here again the next time I travel to the NY area

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan S
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Jonathan S,

Thank you so much for your very nice review of our hotel! We are so glad it "worked out great" and that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Safe Travels~

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed March 21, 2013

All and all I was only here for a few days doing a quick drop in to manage some things. The hotel worked out great and the staff very accommodating. It was a short but sweet trip with no troubles with anything during my stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Javamocha789,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your "Short but Sweet" experience with a 5 Star Review! We hope to welcome you back again in the near future :)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hello my name is Kristen and i stayed at the Hilton New York JFK Hotel in the beginning of March and i mush say the staff there is GREAT!

when I first came in to JFK I called the hotel and spoke with Nadia, she was very helpful and polite. i didn't have to wait long for the shuttle she had the driver wait for me outside, which was so nice because boy was it cold!!

I stayed for 3 nights and the only real issue was that I had to call and reset the heat in my room every night. It happened to be Nadia who I would speak to and she would know what I'm calling for and send the engineer up as soon I she saw me calling and she remembered to set my wake up call every night without me telling her!

All of the girls at the front desk were really sweet and had a great warm smile every time i saw them!!

I would defiantly go back for another stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello Kristin H,

Thank you so much for sharing such a nice review of our hotel and our team especially Nadia, whom you got to know well! We are so happy that you had a great stay and we hope to welcome you back real soon.

Gerald Loughran - Assistant General Manager

P.S. What room # did you stay in? I would like to investigate the issue further. Please email me at gerald.loughran@hilton.com

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We got this room on Priceline for like $130. Check in was really quick. At the end of a long day of flying this hotel was perfect. Staff was great, immaculate, super comfortable bed. Our room was not dated it felt very modern. I didnt want to check out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlaskansNeedtotravel

Dear AlaskansNeedtotravel,

We are so pleased that you found a great deal and also really enjoyed your stay! Thanks for sharing with the tripadvisor community, and come back and see us again real soon!

Safe Travels,
Gerald Loughran

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and service great. The executive lounge has good views and snacks. You have to pay for beer / wine unlike uk executive lounges. The room was really nice and furnished well. Free shuttle to and from the airport save a few $. A good quality airport hotel where you get excellent service and made to feel welcome. Would definitely pay that little extra to stay here then getting cab to downtown at $80 each way from airport. Especially if like us you were only on hotel for 10 hours.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lmdcj

Dear Lmdcj,

Thank you for your review "Lovely Airport Hotel." We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself here, even through a brief stay, and trust that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel probably 40-50 nights in the past year....

Front Desk:

Its hit or miss. The level of accommodation is not consistent. Some of them are helpful ( i believe Ali Mohsen is his name for example). For example, as a Diamond VIP for 4-5 consecutive years, i expect that they will give me a room on the top floor, even when i booked a regular room. Now normally i dont care, i just dont like being lied to, which has happened on several occasions. For example, one time they said they will upgrade me to the 12th floor, i go in the room and they had given me a double bed instead, i call to the front desk to see if they have a king room on the 12th floor, they inform me they dont. as im walking out i see a maid, and we have spoken several times, i usually tip the maids because i appreciate what they do... the maid informed me that they had 3 king beds empty on that floor , and she opened two rooms and showed it to me... i feel i was lied to, but its whatever...

Gym:
its a small gym, 3 treadmills, 2 ellpticals and one bike..and some dumbbells.

Staff:
Usually checking in the hotel and being lied to or not getting the proper respect as a loyal member is the worse part of the trip... the rest of the staff is simply amazing.

Gerald i believe is his name, he has been very helpful in the one instance where i had an issue with my room:

at the Concierge lounge, Stella and the short hair lady whom usually work in the morning are amazing ! they make the stay enjoyable

for breakfast, Shubed always takes care of me and my coworkers and is a great guy

the only downfall of this hotel? Location location location... i guess it comes with the territory, but if you want to stay near the airport and are staying at this hotel, there is absolutely nothing in the area. For that purpose alone i have recently defected to the Hampton Inn in Rockville center which i will do a review on... But you cant blame this hotel for the location.

i guess just the fact that i stayed here 40-50 nights in the past year speaks volumes as to the stature of this hotel, and no i wasnt part of the FEMA or Red Cross folks who stayed here extensively, i have travelled here probably 10-15 times and each time i chose to stay here

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SaltShaker09

Dear SaltShaker09,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We greatly appreciate all the kind words about our team members and look forward to welcoming you back next time! Stella and Shubed are true service superstars and thank you for recognizing them!

In addition, we truly appreciate all feedback as it allows us teachable moments to help train and retrain our team members. While as a Diamond member with Hilton HHonors does allow for complimentary upgrades, those room types are sold as an upgrade for a $30 premium and with limited inventory of only 23 King Executive rooms scattered throughout both the 11th and 12th floors, it is sometimes difficult to upgrade to that room type.

Thank you again!

Gerald Loughran

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We needed a hotel near JFK for a 2-night stay. The rooms were very spacious, nice bed, large towels, lots of great lighting in the bathroom. The restaurant had very good food. I like the complimentary shuttle to/from airport. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank spaintravelerAtlanta

Dear SpaintravelerAtlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with the tripadvisor community. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities, staff, and comfy rooms :) We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Safe Travels~