“Great!!!(Took wonderful ownership)”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I want to say first I was extremely upset after being told the shuttle would arrive at federal circle in 5-10 min and it didn't come until 45min after!!! when I arrived at the hotel the lobby was very busy i'm assuming because they have a restaurant,bar also a Starbucks counter which was great, there was a long line at the check in counter and there were there people doing the check in process, two young ladies and a guy I assume he was the manager, I noticed one agent Tiara(a smile that is very contagious) was the only who knows the significant meaning of a hilton honors member, she took charge of the massive frustration of all the guest checking in from the cancelled flight passengers to guest who just had a reservation and was waiting for 45min for the shuttle, she basically told all hilton members to come to her and the other guest who were on the cancelled flight to make a line she was about business!!!! when I approached the line the manager was very over whelmed. When I approached her to check in she took ownership and acknowledgment that the shuttle time was unacceptable and she reinsured me that she will further investigate what happened, she also gave me a dinner entree, upgrade to a suite and acknowledge my level as a loyal member, Tiara made a difference I travel all over the world and the only thing I want as a guest is ownership and an apology if you did something, I ant honestly say I doubted that I was going to receive the service I did because it is a airport property but she gave me a new outlook of service completely!!!!Tiara is the definition of service wonderful young lady

2  Thank FDIM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,846)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least once a month if not more. Rooms are clean and comfortable but the best thing is the FISH TACOS served by Dana the Bartender! Make sure you ask for her and the Fish Tacos. Tell Her you saw it on Tripadvisor!

1  Thank iflyblu
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for two nights before a long overseas flight. The hotel was great. The rooms were spacious and clean though the lighting in the bathroom was a bit dark.The beds were very comfortable with good linens. The previous comments about the loud air conditioning are not an exaggeration. THE AIR CONDITIONING IS LOUD!!!! It is so loud it makes it difficult to watch TV because when it cycles off the TV is blaring loud however, the noise did not prevent me from sleeping one bit. The bar/restaraunt was very good though the menu is limited. I can reccomend the hamburger and the pork chop dinner-both were fantastic. The gym was a good size with a couple treadmills, ellipticals, free weights and a recumbent bike. The Starbucks counter in the lobby offered a good variety of quick sandwiches and salads-the chicken caesar salad was very good. I did not have any problems with the shuttle whatsover and I took it back and forth everyday. It leaves every half hour.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever encountered at a Hilton. I've checked in at midnight twice, and the front desk staff was as cheerful and accomodating as if it were noon. It's an older property, but the rooms and bathrooms have been updated nicely. The restaurant has surprisingly good and reasonably priced food, with a friendly bar and good beers on tap (say hi to Dana tending bar, she makes you feel it's a neighborhood hang out rather than a hotel lobby). Only downside is there are no restaurants or shops in walking distance, but if you're looking for a business hotel with good access to Eastern L.I., this is your spot.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Erick B
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding in nearby Cedarhurst. The hotel was excellent with a friendly and helpful staff, and very convenient to JFK with a free shuttle. The only drawback is that there is nothing around the hotel area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank garyiw
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were given this hotel after our flight was cancelled. The airline gave us a hotel voucher and we were immediately taken to this high rise hotel near JFK. Check-in was quick and we got a room near the elevator like we requested. There was only one bellman and he was so busy that we carried our own six bags, from our one week vatcation, to our room. The two queen size beds were so, so comfortable! The room looked redecorated, The outside looks dated. The bed linen and shower curtain were brand new. My only complaint was that our door slammed each time it was opened/closed. Also, we could hear the tv next door through the connecting door at 5:30am. The only reason this was acceptable was because we had to get up early anyway for a morning flight. The airport shuttle came on the half hour as promised and got us to JFK on time. If you use the shuttle, give yourself extra time to get to the airport. Other hotel guests using the same shuttle are probably at different terminals, causing frequent stops on the way (we stopped three times before we got to our check in). Check out was quick, too. Weird location - the hotel is in the middle of a neighborhood so houses are directly across the street! An ice and soda machine was near the room. Desserts are for sale in the lobby coffee bar and looked delicious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I arrived at the Hilton at about 1400 on a Thursday. Caught the bus with no problems from the airport. You need to take a short train ride. Our room was ready on arrival. The room was very nice and looked over the residential area by the hotel. I used the gym which was above average. They even had a mini fridge with cold wet towels to use after working out to cool down. There is a very large indoors pool. Great for families or anyone who likes to swim. I used the executive floor and went up for snacks at 1700 and was taken care of by a nice lady who refilled wine and kept the snacks replenished. There was not a huge choice of snacks but enough to fill you up. The next morning I was back again for breakfast on the exective floor. There was a large amount of fresh fruit, breads, yogurt, cereal and fresh coffee. Again the lady working the room was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay and slept very well. I took the bus back to the airport the next morning.