“Rough Edges but Good Price”

Lexington Inn at JFK Airport
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is not as bad as I thought it might be from reading trip. We got it as a mystery hotel deal on a discount site and were nervous, but it was fine. Jamaica itself is tough, but I love the international diversity. There are rough edges on the hotel (phones and AC were quirky) and there was not enough on-site parking but the room was a decent size for NYC and it was an easy jaunt to Belmont Park (our destination)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PelleasPhiladelphia

Reviewed June 3, 2014

It was not a pleasant stay. Our room was dirty and you can find hair on the bed and in the bathroom. The hole at the top of the sink was covered with yellow and brown stain- disgusting! Breakfast area is very very small and there're only a few tables. Hotel is about 1 hour away from Manhattan which we knew before we booked but the area where the hotel was located is not very nice as the previous traveller mentioned. Overall I would not recommend this hotel if you like cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ememily
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This is possibly one of the worst places thatwe have been at (and we have stayed in some serious dumps over the years). I will list what was wrong with it:

1) they put us in the basement where it was really noisy. The walls are paper thin and you can hear all the foot traffic and guests in the other rooms. Forget sleeping....

2) our room keys didn't work. We had to get somebody from the front desk to open our room door for us. Every. Single. Time.

3) we found old gum on the windowsill. Absolutely disgusting! Nobody cleaned the room!

4) there was hair in the bed! Nasty nasty nasty...

5) there was hair in the bathroom. Double nasty!

6) the room in general was very musty, damp and dark. Not very nice at all.

7) blankets made our skin itch. I would hate to imagine why that was.

8) breakfast sucks. Nobody attends the area, so the bins overflow with rubbish. Once food runs out nothing is added. We had a choice of eggs and bread and a donut.

9) lifts are dirty. It looks like something you would find at the subway station. People were spitting on the ground.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank carr0t123
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hotel wasnt the worse but attention to detail was not there.. Rooms were not cleaned well.. Dust in high to reach areas and even low areas youd expect to be clean.. Not good. Maid service was decent but laundry bag in the room was misleading since they dont do guest laundry. Nevertheless I had fun since I spent a few days here with my girlfriend.. No major issues but the simple things can be done for the hotel to exceed expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I landed at JFK later than planned and booked this hotel as it was nearby.
The neighborhood is not pleasant at night and I do not recommend walking around after 8pm.
The person in the lobby is talking in very short sentences giving you the feeling that you are bothering him.
Once I went into the room on the fifth floor I got a tsunami of intense smoking scent. It was an immersive experience. I had the air conditioner working at full the whole night, trying to minimize the smell. The bed covers had what looked like cigarette ash on them, and it completed the feeling that the room is a sleep-in ashtray.
The doors and walls are quite thin and I could hear noises throughout the night.
They served basic but decent breakfast.
Less than 200 meters away there is a metro station directly to Manhattan. Finished my breakfast and didn't look back.

Room Tip: For an extra few dollars find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomer76
Reviewed April 17, 2014

i went in to this hotel to booked three nights only to find out that there was no single room avaiable only the room with a jacuzzi which cost more however there will be a room available the next day if i want to take the upgrade room for one night then i can move to the single room with out the jacuzzi the next day , of course ill have to be charge the respective rates, after negotiating without success i took the options, the next morning i moved rooms , sign up the paper and do all the necassary arrangments, not only to find out on night three that i no longer have a room for my last night, while going up in the elevator the male receiptionest called me to advised that i no longer have a room there , i only book for two nights and my stuff was taken out of the room by the hotel staff and was placed at the receptionist area awaiting to be picked up
Advised that i book three room and explained the above infomation but that male receptionist whose name was Kumar was rude and defensive he made me paid the rate for the upgraded room with the jacuzzi, he was not even Apologetic and no customer service skill was applied in such situation, what make this customer service experience so frustrating was this was the same receptionist give me the options to take the upgraded room and then moved to the single room for the other two nights, in the process of removing my personal belongings i lost , purfume, cream, sleeping clothes , no tooth brush, no tooth paste ....what a bad experience , i will never go back there or recommend this hotel to top it off the last night there was blood stain in the sheet ...what an upgrade!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sabrina P
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and 2 children through Hotwire. I thought it was a good deal. Big mistake.

When I arrived, I inquired to make sure I had double beds as specified. The receptionist said Hotwire only books rooms with single beds, no matter how many people you specify. How are 3 people supposed to sleep on one bed? She promptly added a $50 surcharge per room to have rooms with 2 beds. As soon as I exited the elevator, a strong smell of marijuana hit us, and we had to endure it for the rest of our stay, even though the floor was clearly marked as non-smoking. The keycard didn't work and the door was busted and made a loud scratching sound every time we opened and closed it.

The rooms were ok, but the toilet didn't work in one of them. When we asked for it to be fixed, the receptionist sent someone up who dropped off a plunger and said we had to fix it ourselves. Imagine that, taking a vacation to fix a hotel toilet broken by someone else. Then when we went out, the receptionist told us we had to park in the hospital a 5 minute walk across the street, and pay $15 for the parking there, because the hotels parking is horrible and only fits about 12 cars. So in total the price ended up being 80+50+15=$145 for 1 double room per night, the exact same (if not more) as if we would have booked any other better hotel.

In the morning, when we arrived for breakfast at 9am, everything was gone except cereal and juice, so we had breakfast at the Dunkin Donuts.

Please do yourself a favor dear reader, and book another hotel. All the negative reviews about this hotel are incredibly accurate, as you will find out if you stay here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family