“Convenient overnight stay at JFK”

Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
London
“Convenient overnight stay at JFK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Good value for an overnight stay near to JFK. Easy to find Airtrain takes you to the shuttle pick up area - hotel shuttle runs approx every 15 minutes. Efficient front desk. Room was small but very clean, well equipped and the king size bed wasvery comfortable. Sound insulation could be better - could hear a neighbour on the phone at 3am! Breakfast fine and plentiful. Shuttle back to airport runs every hour on the half hour- unfortunately ours was 15 minutes late without any explanation.Overall a good airport motel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Booked one night at this hotel in April for beginning of our trip with a travel agent and another night when returned as we were driving to NYC. Decided to fly and tried to cancel return night as we got a late flight home. Would not cancel even with 6 mo. advance notice, said we needed to let them know a year in advance. Arrived at hotel and were told we had no reservation as it was booked 2 days earlier and we were billed as a no show. Don't know if they made the mistake or the travel agent, he is looking into it. So, without a reservation for the night we arrived we had to pay $30 more than previous for the night. Still would not cancel our reservation for the return night, so we ended up paying for 3 nights when we only stayed there one night. Also, our friends drove, and did not get to leave their car there free while we were away as previously stated. So, a one night stay ended up costing us around $400. Desk clerk simply said they could not change the reservation. Big help - not!! BE AWARE THAT THEY WILL NOT CHANGE OR CANCEL RESERVATIONS!!!! Altogether we had 3 rooms booked, so big expense.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrscleo
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Stayed here on a layover and needed a hotel with a free shuttle to and from JFK, and I wasn't interested in spending a lot of money for a room we would only be in for 8 hours. Breakfast was provided which was a plus and the staff was very friendly. The room was a bit musty and I didn't want to removed my shoes because the carpet was so dirty. Otherwise tolerable for a short stay but if I were to do it again, I'd probably choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Castelnovo ne Monti
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

We needed a Hotel near to JFK airport because we only had a few hours to spend in NY.
Small room, clean bathroom, friendly staff, free shuttle service to the airport every hour (15 $ cab fare saved). Other guests made a lot of noise during the night, talking in the corridor and slamming the room doors, but the world is full of ill-mannered people!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Nicosia, Cyprus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

It was the worse hotel I ever stay. I had a few hours in New York coming from San Francisco and continue to Paris France. The room was very smely and very small. The room was on the basement. I arrived at 2am and I was thinking of leaving and go to another hotel but I was tired ot was a terrible weather it was raining a lot and it was also windy. I stop over to New York so I will fly with the Airbus A380 of Air France. I was keep being upset with myself as if I had traveled direct to San Francisco I wouldn't have to stay at these terrible hotel. Take my word and STAY AWAY FROM THESE TERRIBLE HOTEL

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Nonya, Bus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

I had a long trip but I loved the room and that I could just take a shuttle bus to the airport. Word to the wise though. I missed the 4:30 am shuttle so I had to call a taxi since they don't run every hour in the morning. I could have taken the 5:30 am shuttle and still made my flight with plent of time. Lesson learned. The $20 taxi to JFK was not as bad as the $25 fee from Delta for checking my bag, thanks alot Delta.
My room smelled a little like must or mold when I came in. This went away when I turned on the a/c. Not sure what it is but my nose is very sensitive to mold so I think there must have been a water leak or maybe some mold in the a/c somewhere, but I did not see any wet spots or see any mold. Room looked freshly painted. Mold problem was not enough to keep me from sleeping.
Anyway the hotel was nice and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk check in was smooth and the guy at the front desk was nice, except I thought that he said the shuttle ran every half hour in the morning instead it is every hour but whatever. I ordered pizza from the local place. The italian ice and the pizza was incredible! I got a nice rate on this room since I booked it months in advance so I cannot complain too much about the morning shuttle. Overall I think this is the nicest days inn that I have ever been to, but don't go there if you want to see the city. If you want to tour NYC stay somewhere closer to the city. View of the school bus yard was interesting but I had no desire to take a stroll that night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

We had a 12 hour layover at JFK- so we booked a room for the night. We arrived at the hotel at about 8:30 pm and left the hotel at 4:30 am. They had a free airport shuttle. The room was adequate. The neighborhood was a little scary. We didn't leave the hotel from the time we arrived until we checked out the next morning- so it suited our purposes just fine. Pizza, Chinese, and Indian food all delivered to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple