“Loved everthing!!”

Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Now i stayed here twice, first for one night at the end of March '06 before i travelled to Jamaica, Caribbean, the following morning and then again, for 3 nights from April 17th, so I could see New York.

We loved the breakfast, the staff were friendly, especially Richard at the Front Desk, (handsome too), the shuttle guy was friendly too. Loved the cosy bedroom, big enough for both me and my teenage son, and the bathroom was nice too. I only realised the hotel had a vending machine, for ice and snacks on my second stay at Days Inn, which was handy, as every parent knows, kids love there crisps, chocolate at odd hours of the day. I also loved the free tea and coffee, available 24 hours, and hot water. We stayed here and took airtrain for $5 to Jamaica station, then paid $2 from there to take the E train on the subway, (one way) to Manhattan. We took a taxis to Green Acres Mall. We had a fantastic time.

Everyone in New York seems to be very friendly, and it makes you want to go back for more of the same hospitality. Maybe it was my English accent they loved, who knows. I will be going back there very soon and i will definitely be staying at Days Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank LadyJetSetter

Reviewed April 25, 2006

This is a good place to stay if you wish to be near the airport and if you want a good rate. THe room was clean, the staff helpful, breakfast menu was fair.

The location is difficult to find. I took a taxi from JFK (couldn't locate the shuttle) and the cabbie almost never figured out how to get to the hotel from the interstate. Next morning, I did take the shuttle back to the airport. THat was a 45 minute ride since other travelers were also being dropped. Be sure and book your shuttle reservation the night before.

One bad experience before leaving the hotel: the morning staffer (who seemed to be the manager?) was really "going off" on the night shift person in a loud and obnoxious way. This made me very uncomfortable. All things considered - I will stay here again if I have a connection to make at JFK.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank milleral
A TripAdvisor Member
Fredericksburh, VA
Reviewed April 20, 2006

The customer service at this hotel was above par for a Days Inn. The front desk staff was very helpful in giving us suggestions on the best way into the city. They were helpful when we asked for an additional towel and were quick to meet our needs even though it was 3AM. The shuttle staff was great and very friendly. We had a great experience and plan on making this our place to stay when we visit the New York area.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I stayed at this location while making an overnight connection at Kennedy Airport in New York. Be advised that this is a new location which is surrounded by a Comfort Inn, Best Western and a Holiday Inn Express, all next door to one another, and all looking exactly alike. I assume that these hotels are all owned by the same management company, and therefore, offer similar amenities. I chose the Days Inn because it had the best price, and once I saw that the competition looked exactly alike, I am glad that I did.
The shuttle to the hotel is very easy to catch. You need to take the Air Train to the Federal Circle stop (which is one before the terminus at the Long Island Railway), and once there, just walk over to the traffic circle. The same shuttle takes you to all the aforementioned hotels. In the morning, however, the shuttle only runs every hour on the half hour, so you need to book it ahead of time. The total time from the terminal to the hotel was less than 45 minutes, which is remarkably fast at such a large airport.
The Days Inn is very new, I believe that it was built last fall. The rooms were clean and nice. Smaller they were, but this is New York. I would not recommend staying there for more than one night, because it is not a tourist area, and it is far from Manhattan. I would recommend it to people who need an affordable, clean, nice place to stay near Kennedy Airport.

18  Thank mfricke
A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester N.Y.
Reviewed March 20, 2006

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Day's Inn and I have nothing really good to say, me and a couple of my girlfriends planned a long weekend in NYC to celebrate our upcoming birthdays. I'am a avid user of this site and read alot of reviews on this hotel I called for pricing and for info about the free shuttle and the location , I ended booking it because of the great deal we got and the free shuttle... We arrived on the 17th at 8:30pm at JFK the shuttle service was fine you just have to take the Air Tran to get to Station C to catch the shuttle , it was a little anoying though due to the fact that we had to wait in the freezing cold for about 45 minutes before the shuttle came...We finally arrived to the hotel which is located in a alley (So if you are scared to walk the street's of NYC I suggest you dont stay here) We pulled up got out of the shuttle and there is a guy outside smoking a cigarette & talking to us from what I was seeing I honestly thought he was a guest of the hotel... After talking to him outside we get to check in and this is when all the bad stuff happens as we are checking in the lady checking us in is noticing that the reservation was made for two people in a queen bed and she looking at us like the three of you can not stay there so with some words spoken back and forth we finally came to a conclusion that we would pay a extra 49$ and get a room with two doubles instead of queen , we finally make are way to the room and I was shocked we had walked into room that had been used and when I say used I mean used and abused... The first thing that I see as I walk in is a stack of Dirty Towels on the Bathroom floor the bathtub was dirty it had little hairs all over it (Like if some one had just got done shaving and didnt clean it) there was cigarette butts in the toilet the beds in the room were tossled and not made the sheets were dirty on one of the beds you could see stains as clear as day , Both of the garbage cans were filled to the brim with garbage and one of then even had a couple of empty condom wrappers in it.... So after being so disgusted with what we were seeing with are own eyes we called the front desk to have some one come up to see what they had put us in and to also see if they could just switch to another room after calling the front desk all they did was tell us lie after lie about how there was no more rooms available and how we baisically just had to deal with it and that they would have house keeping come up and clean it for us... We sit there and are so p--- and so tired that we just want are money back so we can leave this hotel and go to another one , but that didnt happen they were so addiment about the fact that we could not get are money back and someone was coming to clean it , so the first person arrives he walks in the room and does not even know whats going on he walks in the room and walks right back out and then we call back down to talk speak to the manager and the girl that was at the desk answering the phone spoke to my sister-inlaw and ended hanging up on her so the second person that arrived in the room was a non speaking english guy that didnt even work for the hotel he comes in the room and looks at it and is disgusted him self and talks to my sister-inlaw and tells her in spanish that they sent sent him up there just to change the garbage and that was it...So once again some one walks in and walks right back out of the room and still a hour later here we are still in this dirty room and no service for us the manager kept on making up excuses of why he could not come up stairs to the room and eventually after the police were called to handle the situation we ended up getting a new room (Now remember we were told there was no more rooms available like 10 times) now all of a sudden once the police were involved there is one available... So everything worked out fine eventually just to give you a heads up about the staff the indian girl that works the night shift can be a little snippy and smart mouthed and you will notice the night manager he looks like a pimp but the Spanish guy that works the front desk in the morning is a sweet heart and there was another indian lady in the morning that was very helpful so it seems like the dayshift people are nice and the night shift S----... But all in all if you stay here be prepared to walk cause public bus is up the steet and around the corner and the fare is $2.00 and there is really no resturants around but they do have a couple od menu's to a Chinese and Italion place nothing special and there is no access to a subway at all you would have to take the shuttle back to the airport and catch the airtran back to JFK and then finally have access to the subway so be prepared to either commute by foot catch the bus or rent a car and deal with traffic....Either way your screwed staying here I have stayed in Manhatten before and loved it I will say this hotel may have a better price then others but I would rather pay a little more and stay in manhatten because I refuse to ever have to go through what I have just went through ever again...

Sorry this ended up being so long but I just had to let you guy's know what the real truth is...

• Stayed: March 2006