Days Inn Jamaica - JFK Airport
$199
$152
  • Restaurant
1,104 results
All reviewsjfk airportfree shuttleevery hourfederal circleroom was cleanwafflesbetween flightsair trainshort stayovernight staybudget hotelfree breakfastshuttle servicestayed here for one nightbibivincentmenus
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We only stayed in this hotel for about five and a half hours before an early flight and the room itself was fine. Breakfast was more basic than we had in our Manhattan hotel but we didn't have time to eat much anyway.There is a free shuttle bus to the airport once an hour (on the half hour) which only takes about 15 mins and will drop you off at the terminal you require. The hotel room was also very inexpensive which was the main reason I chose it,
However, given we arrived at midnight (more on this in a minute) and had to get up at 5.30, we weren't very happy at being woken up by the telephone ringing three times during the night. The first time I answered I heard a recorded message about using reward points and the second two times there was nobody there. I called reception to ask what was going on and they said they didn't know and to just take the phone off the hook. The reason we got woken up three times was I took the phone off the hook after the second time but didn't realise there was another phone in the room, doh! All I can wonder is that since we asked for a wakeup call in the morning, there was some sort of mistake or computer glitch and we got a wakeup call every hour? I don't know the reason but it did mean we had a really bad night's sleep.
The reason we arrived at the hotel so late was our Manhattan taxi driver couldn't find it! In London I am used to taxi drivers having 'The Knowledge' and knowing where every street is. I accept it's not the same in New York but the driver had a sat nav, we provided him with the address and zip code and even had a printed-out streetmap. And he still couldn't find it!! It took about 40 minutes to get from Manhattan out to the airport and another 40 minutes of driving round looking for the hotel. The driver kept stopping and asking for directions but nobody knew where it was. I think he took a wrong turn at one point because the hotel was grouped with a lot of other airport hotels and I just don't know how he couldn't get us there. At one point we even saw the sign for the hotel but we were on the other side of the main expressway with a barrier down the middle so we could only keep going left when we wanted to go right. In the end we got the driver to drop us on a street corner near another hotel as we were so fed up. My boyfriend had a go at the driver who then said he wouldn't take any money from us (given he couldn't get us to our destination we weren't keen on paying, he did turn the meter off after it got to $50 as I dread to think what it would have been otherwise). So we were standing on this street corner out near the airport late at night wondering what to do, when the shuttle bus for one of the other hotels pulled up alongside and asked if we were OK. The lovely driver ended up giving us a lift directly to the Days Inn - of course he knew where it was!
In retrospect we would have been better off staying the extra night in our Manhattan hotel and getting a taxi from there to the airport in the morning, even though it would have meant getting up a bit earlier.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Smileycat16
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I reserved a non-smoking room and was told my reservation was for either a smoking or non-smoking room. As there were no more non-smoking I was given a smoking room. The confirmation specifically said non-smoking but I was told I had booked without a preference.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank off2hawaii14
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My partner and I stayed one night the Days Inn and were completed satisfied with this simple, clean and efficient "stay over" hotel. We arrived at JFK at 8pm, took the Air Train to the first stop and followed the signs to "Hotel Shuttles". The shuttle van (which also serves the Holiday Inn Express and Best Western) arrived within 10 minutes and we were at the hotel in 10 minutes. Check in quick, room spotless, bathroom beautiful, a/c worked great, and comfy king size bed. In the morning we caught the shuttle (stops on the half hour) and were at the airport in 15 minutes. We prepaid $140 via the Days Inn website, and found it to be the cheapest hotel for booking ahead. Note: the hotel's location is on a side street, in an industrial park, so while it's not a pretty location, it's very quiet. I would NOT recommend the hotel if you're staying for several days, want to explore by foot. For that I would recommend the Holiday Inn, Ramada or others on the west side of the freeway. Again - great choice, clean, comfortable and very efficient.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blondesteven
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in transit to niagra falls. It provide complimentary shuttle service which is very convenient after a long flight. It more than met our needs, with a nice clean room with a huge bed and large tv. It also had tea and coffee making facilities with complementary muffins. The free internet and comptuer was a bonus. The only downfall was that it had a very thick and sweet air freshener smell that was initially overpowering but we soon adjusted to it, I think it was to cover the smoking stench. The breakfast included the next morning was satisfactory and the customer service was good although they seemed to struggle to understand our Australian accents and request to leave our bags in there care whilst having breakfast.
Overall its perfect accommodation for those arriving or departing from JFK in need of short stay accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank teamgraffey
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Stayed one night when flight into JFK was late and flight out was cancelled. I was one of many people stranded at JFK due to "storms" and their impact on financially strapped US airline carriers. Called hotel just before midnight from dedicated phones at the baggage claim area. Started at top of list and worked down. All hotels full. Finally called Day's Inn. Reservation clerk was kind and attentive, quoted a reasonable rate and provided excellent directions through airport to hotel shuttle location at Airtrain at Federal Circle.
Only room available was a queen smoking, usually avoid smoking rooms, yet room was very clean and did not have that leftover smell. Desk clerk offered some toiletries including a much desired toothbrush.
Hotel was quiet, the a/c worked, the shower was hot and the towels clean. Elevator is slow but the stairs are convienient.
Breakfast was usual cold offerings. I got juice, coffee, and snack and took the shuttle to the airport. On time service dropped me right at my airline, not the Airtrain.
Quite nice for the price and just what was needed for the circumstances.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business