“OK for a short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Hungary
“OK for a short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We spent there 2 nights

The advertised free transfer you need to call on your own, there’s no free phone at federal circle. That can be problematic/expensive if you don’t have 50C or a local phone. Otherwise there was a helpful lady at JFK, who showed the next public phone to call the hotel and where to go. The bus was pretty quick, within 15mins at JFK. Dropoff was fast and smooth (at 3:30am).
The rooms are average size, even numbers face the a school bus yard and the Belt parkway -- that is pretty busy and loud even in the night. The window is pretty thin, add 4th floor, so those rooms are pretty noisy. Odd numbers get some noise shielding from the neighbouring hotel. There is some variation in room furbishment, e.g. one of ours had a safe, the other not.
We had a king size bed, that is huge. 2 adults and a 4 year old fitted easily. It’s not too hard and not too soft.
Cooling and heating is done with the same AC unit. It’s noise was suppressed by the parkway. It heated up the room pretty quick, just the bathroom stayed cold.
There is a coffee maker on room, with some coffee and black tee provided.
Breakfast is rather simple. No meat, no cheese, some yogurt, there is cold milk. Coffee is coming from the automat, hot chocolate is 50C extra. Only mention is the bake yourself waffle with syrup.
Location is quite OK, stores and delis on Rockaway blvd., cab to E line/Jamaica center 15USD, Q6 bus stop also at Rockaway blvd.

Room Tip: even numbers and higher floors will get more noise from Belt parkway
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Faiza N, General Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for this phenomenal review, we appreciate you taking your time to write this review. I was pleased to read that we achieved our goal of delivering exceptional service that met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing Days Inn at JFK, we look forward to welcoming you soon !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

So I arrived in JFK late at night and had already booked this hotel b/c my flight was the next day after noon. I basically chose it because of the good reviews and b/c it has a free shuttle service
When you arrive at federal circle I just went outside and the car was there, so no waiting, (the bus serves other 2 more hotels but there is no problem). I arrived to the front desk and checked in really fast.

The guys at the FD helped me that night preparing a parcel and scheduling a pickup with a Currier company from a friend in the US, they were really helpful and friendly. The next day my scheduled pickup was not arriving on time so I asked them about a post office nearby, they gave me the address, directions and had no problem arriving.

only issue, when I took the shuttle service the next day to the airport it was full (its kind of small) so I had to stand (Driver drives smoothly so I didn't fall) but was still comfortable and got to sit as soon as the bus stopped on the first terminal.

Didn't try breakfast because I cannot eat when I fly away from home, but looked good, with variety and flavour.

do note, the bus picks you up at federal circle (which you have to figure out how to get from your terminal) but drops you off at your terminal, which is more convenient

Room Tip: downside, rooms are a tat small, I was alone with 3 luggage bags wich was good, but if you are more...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Faiza N, General Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel and share your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. We strive to provide accommodations that meets or exceeds our guest expectation and we greatly appreciate when positive feedback is received. We hope to serve you next time your in JFK/NYC area. Thank you for staying at The Days Inn JFK