“Great Property”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Albany
“Great Property”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was immaculate and everything was new. We checked in very late and had no problems the hotel staff even offered us delivery menus which I thought was very nice of them. The price was the best in that area by far although we weren't in the room long I felt like it was money well spent. I have suggested it to my family in case they have other people visiting them anytime soon.

1 Thank Bridget D
Akash N, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Wow! What an outstanding review of our hotel. Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future.Here at The Days Inn JFK we pride ourselves for being the best value in the JFK area and I am so glad to hear you found that to be true. Yes, do tell your family and friends about us. Thank you for staying at The Days Inn JFK, see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Close to airport. Good budget hotel. Staff were very good.Generally clean. Found a cockroach on bed!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Akash N, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns and candid feedback. Here at the Days Inn JFK, we take each comment seriously, since your stay the room was professionally inspected and came back with negative result and no evidence of a cockroach was found. The room has been occupied since your departure by other guests without any concern. Please feel free to contact me directly at akash@dinnjfk.com to address any concerns you may have. Once again we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for a night after an evening arrival at JFK, before moving on to a hotel in Manhattan the next day. The hotel shuttle was running every 15 minutes at that time, and it's maybe a 10-minute trip to the hotel.

The hotel itself is a typical modern-style airport hotel, with a small but modern, clean and well lit reception. The check-in staff were friendly and helpful.

The bed was comfortable, I slept very well although jet-lag might have played a part in that. The bathroom was clean, and the room had an electronic safe which for me is a key item.

As it was about 9pm when I arrived, I was hoping to eat something light. The staff give you some menus from delivery places when you arrive although actually I wanted something light, not pizza, curry or Chinese. So here's my tip: if you want to order a takeout, all well and good. If all you want is a few sandwiches, maybe a salad and a beer, get them at JFK before you come to the hotel. I'm not aware of there being any 7-11s nearby, and the neighbourhood doesn't look that good for exploring. (It's not dangerous, it's just a few hotels and industrial units next to a freeway with not much else).

Breakfast the next day was free and functional. Toast, waffles, cereal, coffee, and butter, jam and peanut butter. Nothing fancy, and did the job very adequately. It's a fairly small breakfast room so maybe come early if you can.

The shuttle back to JFK (to get the Airtrain and subway) was hourly on an early Saturday morning, but did the job.

All in all, next time, this one will be on my shortlist if I want an airport hotel for an early/late departure/arrival, and I'll bring a bit of food and a beer. Clean and comfortable, good price, and difficult to beat in this price bracket.

Room Tip: They offered me a quiet room - on an upper floor, away from the lift and facing an interior car park...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear you were happy with your stay with us. In fact, our proximity to the airport, clean comfortable rooms, and our amenities is why many of our guest often comes back to stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the breakfast, we will expand all of our cognition to make the breakfast more attractive. Once again we are glad that your overall experience at Days Inn at JFK was excellent. We would love to welcome you back next time your in the JFK area.
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very nice folks at the front desk! Very clean, nice, room. Seemed new? The neighborhood was scary so we ordered in. Off street free parking a huge plus! Free shuttle to the airport was priceless! Rooms are small but clean.

Room Tip: No restaurant. Couldn't undue after I touched it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Akash N, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! I'm glad you found our shuttle service convenient and efficient, and our rooms clean and comfortable. Many of our guests stay with us for the same reasons you do, a convenient trip to the airport for an early flight, after a good nights rest. We hope to serve you again !
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very satisfy with rooms, bathrooms and personal Better can be breakfast and bigger variability of TV programmes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at The Days Inn JFK Airport Hotel. We are so glad you were able to enjoy clean comfortable rooms and other amenities. I happy to tell you we are expanding all option to provide more items at breakfast. We have a great team here, we are glad to hear our team member provided exceptional service. The team will be delighted to hear your feedback. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.