“Great first time NYC experience for short 3-night stay!”

Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Convenient free shuttle service to/from airport location & AARP rate w/Wyndham VR. Upon early Sunday am arrival, we asked if our bags could be stored so we could go 2 a church service until our room was ready for check-in. In between servicing other incoming & outgoing guests, guest service agent Akash made time 2 show us where 2 store our bags,warmly welcomed us 2 the daily complimentary breakfast, & provided us w/shuttle, airtrain/subway transportation directions, NYC maps, all-day city tour options. Coming from Hawaii we felt the "Aloha" hospitality spirit (service w/smile) in Akash & rest of staff (young lady servicing breakfast bar, man who chkd our room phone, housekeeper in hallway) & in most of the hotel guests we met. Njoyd waffles/fresh fruit, & "ONO" (Hawn 4 "yummy") David's cookies from reception desk in evening w/24-hr coffee service in breakfast bar area. Good weather during stay; rained only when we departed for the airport. Not enough time to explore recommended eating places near hotel.

Room Tip: Our 4th flr room was well-furnished w/comfy king-size bed, desk & wifi access, hot water-coffee...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce C
Faiza N, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear JOYCE C.
Thank you for finding time to write us a review. I have to say i loved your title "great first time NYC experience", because that's extacly what we want to achieve here at Days Inn JFK. Our employees are the pride of our hotel; and we are fortunate to have Akash on our team, he is fantastic and we thank you for noticing. I will make sure i pass the note to him, he will be delighted to hear about it and i know will make him even more dedicated in ensuring guest satisfaction.
We thank you for your support and your loyalty!! If i can assist with anything at all do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

For a hotel that has recently been renovated it does not look like it. For one night to be near the airport it suffices, but there is no where close to eat or drink other than take out and the hotel is across the road from the school bus depot. What really amazed me is that there was no where to hold luggage and when it could be held in the cleaners room I was told to make sure electronic devices were not left in the bags which made me feel uneasy. It was okay, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Faiza N, General Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you Darling37 for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize that you found your last visit with us not up to the standards you expect of us. Our goal here at Days Inn JFK is to provide exceptional service to all guests. We have procedures in place to avoid the type of incident that you describe, and will review those procedures with all staff to ensure we are following them. If given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, we are confident we'll show you the service that we are proud of and remind you why you chose our hotel in the first place!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We picked up a car and drove from JFK to the Days Inn where there was plenty of free parking. Our room was good with a nice big bed and very clean. The downside is that there is nowhere within walking distance to get dinner. It seems most people order takeaways to be delivered. We fancied a beer so drove a few miles to a shopping centre that had some restaurants but that meant no beer as driving. The man on reception was very helpful and there is an ipad in reception for guest use. Breakfast was basic but sufficient. There are only about 6 tables though so could be interesting if it is busy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsDTD
Faiza N, General Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for review. We are glad you had a lovely stay with us.
We appreciate your loyalty to the Days Inn JFK and are thrilled to see your preferences were met to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel and had a pleasant experience. When I called from Federal Circle for the airport hotel, I was informed that I could take one of two buses.
The shuttle (a little bus and not a mini van) arrived within ten minutes and the driver walked to the bus-stop to announce that he was going to the Best Western as well as Days Inn. He was friendly and quick to help with luggage.
Check in was prompt and the receptionist was welcoming and gave me brochures for meal delivery as there were no restaurants within walking distance. (I met two gentlemen at the reception counter and both were friendly and helpful.)
The room was clean, well furnished (with cupboard and drawers) and of a reasonable size. Bathroom was compact but well designed and I like the space provided at the sink counter for toiletries. (Ladies like me with contact lens solutions and assortment of skincare products will appreciate the shelf.)
The airport shuttle runs 24 hours at one hourly interval and drop off is at airport terminals.
Free wifi works well on multiple devices.
The lobby and breakfast room may be small but for the price of the room (one of the lowest I have ever paid), one really can't complain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanyi T

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at The Days Inn JFK Airport Hotel. We pride ourselves on our service so always appreciate when receive positive feedback from our guests. We are so glad you were able to enjoy and experience the efficiency of our shuttle services along with the comfort of the rooms. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this place based on the park and fly package and average reviews. We wanted a reasonable price for a place to sleep before an early flight from JFK. The room was tiny and cramped, but the bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean - which is all we needed. The lobby is tiny as is the very cramped breakfast area. Our morning ride to the airport was very crowded, but we got a seat, (some had to stand). The park and ride worked well for us with us dropping our car off the night before our flight. Pick up was good with no issues.
I doubt I'd stay here if we needed to be there longer than the overnight. Too cramped. But, it was fine for our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review...we are so happy to have the opportunity to welcome your husband and you to NYC. We are glad to see your overall visit with us was great- location is very important and we are glad you found the area to be perfect for your trip.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had taken a day trip that turned into an overnight trip with two babies completely unexpected and worrisome, thankfully Vincent Arias the manager on staff came to my rescue including amenities I didn't quite expect I would have needed!!! From the shuttle and lovely room, affordable price, local delivery service it turned into a mini vacation and not a nightmare. Being from Texas the southern hospitality that was experienced made me feel right at home, completely grateful!!! Very clean rooms, comfy beds and breakfast in the morning was so what I needed, will always go back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Faiza N, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at The Days Inn JFK Airport Hotel. We pride ourselves on our service and always appreciate when we receive positive feedback from our guests. We are so glad you were able to enjoy and experience the efficiency of our shuttle services along with the comfort of our rooms. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Faiza N, General Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013