“very good service”

Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I chose this hotel for its closed proximity to JFK and the free shuttle service.
The staff from the shuttle and at the hotel were very polite and helpful. I was satisfied with the room and the breakfast. If I need to spend one night in the close proximity of JFK again, I will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank EMILIE L
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Emilie L,

Wow!!! Reading about your recent experience at the Days Inn JFK was music to our years.
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time and writing a review.

Our entire including our shuttle services team enjoy interacting with the many guests that visit us from all over the world.
We hope that you savored our fresh breakfast waffles. We cannot wait to welcome you back as you as you have a home by JFK.
Please feel free to contact me for any assistance for your future reservations as I look personally forward to welcoming you back. Below are my contact details. Thank you once again.

t-718-537-9032

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The service here was fantastic. Akash really took the time to help me not only with the room but my whole time in NY making sure I had maps and plans and times of everywhere. The rooms were very clean and shuttle service is great. Rooms quite small though and breakfast pretty average. All helpful staff make up for it though, thank you guys.

• Stayed: September 2012
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience at The Days Inn JFK. We hope that you took advantage of the many wonders of New York City. We are also happy that you enjoyed your interaction with Akash and that you were comfortable in our newly renovated rooms.
You can always consider us a home away from home and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Below are my contact details and please feel free to contact me for any assistance with your future reservations. Thank you once again.

Regional Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room was clean with a nice big bed and the hotel was very close to the airport which made it great for a late night arrival. The hotel was rather noisy during the night and early morning but this was the guests and probably not any fault of the hotel itself. Breakfast was very basic, but it was something to fill the gap until reaching town to get something decent.
We booked this hotel on a non-refundable basis and after our booking I repeatedly e-mailed the hotel to find out the situation regarding the free shuttle from the airport. The website states that it is a free 24 hour shuttle but I was not sure if the shuttle was sent out on request at any time of the day/night to fetch a customer or if it just ran continuously at specific times. I have still not had any response from them (now after my trip) as to the frequency of the shuttle!!! If I made a refundable booking I would have cancelled due to their lack of response which left me unsure if we would be fetched from the airport late at night, and if so then when!!! I kind of got the impression that once they have your non-refundable booking then they just don't care anymore!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Genises
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Genesis,

I am truly sorry for any miscommunication. Our shuttle services do run 24 hours per day. There is a courtesy phone at Federal Circle and we do shuttle pick ups every 20 minutes. We also provide drop offs to the airport terminals every hours. Again, my apologies. Thank you.

Regional Assistant General Manager
t-718-977-2100

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for an overnight before flying out of JFK. The night desk manager, Keshwar, was incredibly helpful to us, and we were able to leave on our trip without worry about a problem with our vehicle during our absence. Overall, the hotel was very nice, comfortable bed, complimentary breakfast, and perfect for our needs. I recommend highly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear ND,

Thank you for your kind words that made us cry!!! We are very touched that you shared your experience with Keshwar as all of us and Keshwar love interacting with guests such as you.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!!!!

t=718-527-9032

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pros: Staff seemed nice. Bed was comfortable. Free internet.
Cons: Everything else. This was like trying to sleep in a bus station. I don't know what's going on in this place, but all night long the doors were slamming, people talking loudly in the hallway, thuds all around as if someone was moving furniture. Maybe people were having sex, but if so, it was the sort that causes tables to fall over and chairs to collapse. I had to cut the water to the toilet, as it ran all night. The phone rang at 1am, waking me up. When I tried to check the messages, I found 12 of them, dating back to January. Called front desk, and was told the message system didn't work. Breakfast over at 9am, which is about when I finally fell asleep. This is one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed, and that's saying something. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dudeinhammock
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for an over night layover and loved it !! I was able to get an early check in with no additional cost. My only complaint will have to be the size of the rooms. They are a bit small but if your faniliar with NY hotels thats not surprising.the rooms are clean and well maintained. There is nothing within walkin distance but there Is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to federal circle at JFK where you can then take a train into the city or other points of interest. I had a great short stay !!

• Stayed: September 2012
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear DJackson111,

It put a everlasting smile on all our faces after reading about your recent stay at The Days Inn JFK. We loved having you with us. When our guests take the time and share their experience, we really appreciate it.

Please know that you are a member of the Days Inn JFK family and realizing that Rhode Island is not too far, we hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was just right for me when I got stuck for a night at JFK. Great free (tips for driver optional) shuttle to and from the airport. I paid a bit more for late check out but I thought this place offered good value for the money. I liked that the room had a bathtub too. All was perfectly clean and the staff was nice.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Il Bargellino,

Your kind words is music to our years. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at the Days Inn JFK. We know Florencia is a but far from us but know that you can always count on us as being a home away from home. Thank you once again.