“Better than expected”

Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We were able to get an early check-in which was good. Room was small and cramped but clean. Toilet keept running had to do the shake trick. Dissappointed no fridge or microwave. $10 a day for a fridge is rideculous just ice the sink. Location not in a typical neighborhood and views were hideous. Staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was adequate, cereal, waffles, fruit, doughnuts, muffins and coffee. Lobby couch needs cleaning. I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: You do not want a basement room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJFK, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to write this review. Thank you also for pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms and our pleasant staff. We offer free 24hour shuttle to and from the airport (JFK), complimentary hot breakfast bar daily from 6am-9am, and wireless internet, as well as a host of other value-added amenities.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Rooms small, cluttered and basic. Cleaning fluid smell in halls but not rooms. Breakfast area looked dingy but good choice of breakfast - waffles,cereals, fruit, muffins, pastries, toast juice, tea, coffee. It was also very clean, lady cleaning tables and surfaces continuously. Had an early shuttle transfer and lifts and waste bins were being cleaned thoroughly as we waited. shuttle bus was very small, so I imagine you might not be able to get on one if lots of people waiting. Also, only ran hourly. Would probably stay again if got good price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelafar_9

We thank you for taking the time to write this review. Thank you for pointing our hot breakfast and our pleasant staff. We try our best to accommodate our guest and their needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

JFK seems to have the worst airport hotels in the USA and, possibly, the worst airport hotels of any major city in the world. Which means you only want to stay in one if you have to.
I did have to stay because I had a 6 am flight. I read the reviews and could tell the Days Inn would be similar to my other JFK hotel experiences: not pleasant, but tolerable. And that's exactly what I got here. The rooms are crazy small compared to airport hotels elsewhere (but not compared to Manhattan), and there's no ambiance whatsoever. You go here only on your way to or from JFK to catch some sleep and you leave. Don't even think of staying more than 1 night or using this property "as a base" for doing anything else. The hotel is very close to the airport, and I had no problem parking my rental car in the hotel lot. There is also additional street parking in front of the hotel.
They also forgot my wake up call, but I used my own clock, so no worries. Front desk staff was friendly and considerate. Room was clean and bed was OK. I left too early for the free breakfast, which starts at 6 am.
Bottomline is that if I HAD to stay near JFK again, I would consider staying at the Days Inn. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it! That said, your odds of doing much better (especially at a price you'd be willing to pay) aren't very good.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave's_reviews

We are constantly faced with "small room size" complaints... however, as this reviewer noted, if guests stayed at any of the nearby hotels in the JFK area, they would see that our rooms are of considerate proportions. No they are not extremely spacious, but this is NYC, and space is certainly at a premium. Based on your comment... "the hotel met our expectations and was reasonably priced" --we are elated to that we provided services that met your expectations and at a reasonable price so that you had value in your stay. Complimentary hot deluxe continental breakfast bar, 24 hour shuttle, and clean accommodations.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

How can this hotel be rated number 9?! Who stays at this crummy hotel and feels welcomed and cozy? This was the worst experience ever staying at a hotel. This hotel definitely need to fix several areas it overstates in it's ads. As we entered the room there was a musty smell mixed with a strong disinfectant. We got the only King bed left and they put us next to the elevator that hummed all night long. The toilet kept filling with water every 5 minutes and we got the funky jacuzzi tub next to the room. This tub was a hazard getting in and out to shower; I cringed at what may have been left over from some other stays. We could feel each coil from the uncomfortable bed and rock solid pillows; the night could not have gone any slower. The free continental breakfast was a joke crossed with a stampede. Also, when has it become standard practice that if you want your room cleaned during your stay that you have to "request" it? It's just their lazy way of cutting corners. Best thing about the hotel was the free shuttle to the airport...but there are other local hotels that also offer the same service. Don't stay here if you value your standards of hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your Feedback. I am truly sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, none of this was brought to my attention, or any of our staff’s attention. However we assure you that we will review your comments internally as we take all feedback seriously and do appreciate being told how we are doing. Please feel free to reach out to me at Dijfk@aol.com to discuss your comments, as no one is aware of the issues you noted.
Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I will never stay at a Days Inn again. We ask for a non-smoking room. Guess what we got? It smell of mold & musty. They stuck us in there basement (bottom floor) There was a window above the desk. You could hear people walking by all night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Feedback. I am truly sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, none of this was brought to my attention, or any of our staff’s attention. Please feel free to reach out to me at dijfk@aol.com to discuss your comments, as no one is aware of the issues you noted.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We only had the room the night before we flew home. The location was good and only took us 2 mins to get to JFK. The car park was non existant and we had to park outside on the road - which you really don't want with a hire car. We didn't arrive til 1am and I requested an early morning call for 5am. The call never came-luckily we woke up, or else I would have been seriously mad! The room was tiny with an oversized bed. It certainly wasn't cheap, and didn't warrant much more than $50 at the most. Overall, an airport hotel which exploited it's location.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm disappointed that you did not have a good experience at your hotel.
Please feel free to reach out to me at dijfk@aol.com as I would really like the opportunity to hear more about your stay and perhaps convince you to give us a second opportunity.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We didn't expect the hotel to be anything like being downtown NY - and believe us-it wasn't! Would you believe in the middle of industrial uses! We laughed so hard as we squeezed into our little room with 2 carry-ons and 2 lrg. suitcases. Barely enough room to fit us and our luggage! However, the staff was super,the rooms were kept clean and fresh for us everyday and Akash was so helpful and friendly. He made sure we found the right limo to get us from the hotel to our cruise line as well as any information we needed to get around New York. Thank you so much Akash (and your staff). BTW - New York was fantastic!

Room Tip: One of the reasons we picked this hotel was because of the airport shuttle.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for recognizing Akash and his good service. We are glad to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your entire stay to our hotel and to our city. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next NY trip!