“Ratio : Price/Quality (P/Q)”

Howard Johnson Jamaica NY Near Airtrain JFK
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Kampala, Uganda
“Ratio : Price/Quality (P/Q)”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very good and hospital hotel.
The only minus is location.
Though well position near transport and communication systems, it is way off near a tunnel, behind a rail line. So if you are a night guy and not in a group, not advisable as you will miss out on late sorties out of fear. In a group it would not stop you as it is clear and well light though not frequented at night.
Will call again

Room Tip: Not sure of other rooms but was very fine behind
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank SJKBE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Used this as an overnight stop off and impressed by how easy it was to get to from the airport along with room quality and the friendly staff would use again. The free wifi and computer service were a great help for booking in to my flights for the following morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you are staying in NY for one night - it is a perfect place. Quiet and comfortable, very friendly staff. But if you plan to stay in NY for more than 2 days - find other place due to its remoteness from main sights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 11, 2014

During a most difficult time in my life my dad is hospice and our boiler blew we had a lot of construction to do.hojo in queens on archer ave was the most loving and reliable staff I have seen. Even when the insurance company was being a pain .This was a hotel were all staff helps out as well as the manager. Deserves more then 5 stars I give it a 10*. A place I will definitely recommend. Trust me if it wasn't, I would tell you I am going to blog and tweet and Facebook about this place thank you hojo for making my stay comfort away from home.

• Stayed March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very impressed with this hotel. I stayed there a few nights ago and although it is street parking only it was possible to park my car in a side street just one block from the hotel. The Jamaica area of queens has a buzz about it and although you are quite a train ride from NYC it is well located. The room was very well equipped with some nice touches. There was a huge TV, good shower and a comfortable bed. They also had an easy clean (and easy to use) remote control in the room to cut down on germs and that is a nice touch! They also included a free breakfast downstairs and the only slight negative I'd have here is that the the eggs and sausage were cold. They might want to rethink the heating here. All in all though I was impressed with this hotel and they went out of their way to help me find my way around. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a better value hotel anywhere in New York!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Excellent place. They we happy for me to check in very early (~7am) when I took the red-eye flight, which was worth every penny of the extra $30 fee. When I asked for extra towels or help with the room safe, they called me back to confirm I received the towels and that I was able to use the safe. The room was quiet. The staff was very professional, and I could see the manager was willing to go the extra mile to make sure I had what I needed. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a place to stay right by the AirTrain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family