All reviewsjust inside the doorbudget staywithin walking distanceupon entering the roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulclose to the airport
Reviewed December 11, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were passing through and I'm so glad it was only for that one night. The neighbouhood is really shady and didn't feel so safe, I kept checking out the window to make sure my car was still okay parked on the street. The area is also very noisy so a good night's sleep did not happen. The room was tiny, had a horrible odor and the "closet" stank of mothballs. The beds were very uncomfortable and I had a spring in my back the whole night. The continental breakfast included undercooked waffles, coffee, juice and rock hard donuts, needless to say we ate breakfast again when we left. The only good thing I can say is that it was a roof over our heads and it was cheap. Every other hotel was booked for the night so we couldn't go anywhere else but if you don't have to stay here DON'T, there is a good reason why this hotel is so cheap compared to others.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank girbot
Reviewed September 19, 2006

There were so many problems,I don't know where to start.The didn't give me a wake up call,the shower didn't work,the sink had no stopper,the toilet seat was falling off,the toilet paper dispenser was missing,they closed the continental breakfast early,they charged me for 2 rooms instead off one.Avoid this one.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank Tomloughlin
Reviewed August 19, 2006

I stayed here for 3 days and I loved it. The room was clean and a decent size for the 93.00 price. I am not a breakfast person so i didn't check out the free continential breakfast that is suppose to be included. The subway and Long Island Rail road are on sutphin blvd which is about 4 blocks away a short walk. This motel is in the middle of everything. There is alot of restaurants within walking distance. I plan to stay there again because you can't beat the price and the proximity to the subway.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2005

I stayed at the Jamaica Super8 Motel, September 18-22, 2005. I give it a thumbs down for misrepresenting its amenties and for inadequate customer service. Prospective guests should be advised that it no longer offers some of the amenities listed online and in its brochure.

There is no plasma TV and computer work station in the lobby
No limo service
No free newspaper
No iron and ironing board in the room

Although the front desk clerks were all pleasant, only one really provided good customer service. I arrived on a red-eye and the clerk told me no room was ready and I should come back at noon. I went to the breakfast room and one hour later the clerk on the next shift immediately asked housekeeping staff to prepare a room for me. That was unexpected and great service!

However, no other clerks responded to my requests to replace a burned out bedside lamp light bulb, replace a broken hairdryer, and locate a tv remote control misssing from the room.

8  Thank Discover27885
Reviewed May 13, 2005

this hotel is fairly new in the jamaica area. its far from jfk. unless u take the airtrain. because this wasnt for vacational purposes i was pleased. otherwise as a tourist i would not stay there unless i know new york. from jfk u can take the airtrain to jamaica center/sutfin($5) or whatever street and its a 15-20 minute walk down the street, not bad. there are fast food restaurants down the street and a bar that services west indian food in very short walking distance. there are chinese restaurants that delivers there. the location is bad. nothing else is nearby. u have to walk like 20 blocks down jamaica ave to the subway if u want to go manhattan. but it is only 2 bucks compared to 60 in a car. the rooms at this hotel are nice and clean. what u would expect at a budget hotel. this hotel didnt have any unpleasant odors that were out of ordinary. the non smoking rooms didnt smell like smoke. the continental breakfast was awful, of course. i was surprised the milk was fresh. this is super8 not embassy suites.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business